Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
Swish Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : elegant and fashionable; "classy clothes"; "a classy dame";
"a posh restaurant"; "a swish pastry shop on the Rue du
Bac"- Julia Child [syn: classy, posh]
n : a brushing or rustling sound
v : move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing
sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The
curtain swooshed open" [syn: lap, swosh, swoosh]
- Swish \Swish\, v. t. [From the sound. Cf. Swash.]
- To flourish, so as to make the sound swish. --Coleridge.
- To flog; to lash. [Slang] --Thackeray.
- Swish \Swish\, v. i.
To dash; to swash.
- Swish \Swish\, n.
- A sound of quick movement, as of something whirled through the air. [Colloq.]
- (Naut.) Light driven spray. [Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
- Swish: Swish may refer to: Swish (basketball), a widespread colloquial term for a 'perfect' shot which goes through the basket without touching the ...
- Swish cymbal: The swish cymbal and the pang cymbal are exotic ride cymbal s originally developed as part of the collaboration between Gene Krupa and the ...
- Swish (slang): Swish is a slang term usually used derogatorily for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp ), emphasized and sanctioned in pre- ...
- Swish (SFTP client): Swish is a shell extension that allows Windows Explorer to manage files using SFTP It can be used to transfer files to and from a remote ...
- SWiSH Max: SWiSH Max is a flash creation tool that is commonly used to create interactive and cross-platform movies, animations, and presentations ...
- SWISH-E: SWISH-E stands for Simple Web Indexing System for Humans - Enhanced. It is used to index collections of documents ranging up to one ...
- SunSet Swish: External links : com/ SunSet Swish official site. Category:Sony Music Japan artists.
- Swish (organization): Swish is a gay-straight alliance that provides opportunities for all women and men to contribute their time, energy, and talents to ...
- Swish knocker: Swish knocker is a type of crash cymbal which has the shape basic of a China cymbal , but with the inclusion of rivets loosely punched ...
Words and phrases related to 'Swish'
Swish Sample Sentences in News
- Swish fish dish was an unholy mackerel
A SUNDAY fishing trip has landed nine people in hospital with suspected ciguatera poisoning after consuming the prize catch of the day, a 25kg spanish mackerel. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- What Is Oil Pulling And Does It Work? Method's Health Benefits Include Whiter Teeth, Advocates Say [PHOTO]
Would you swish oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes to reap some health benefits? According to its proponents, the ancient tradition known as oil pulling can give you whiter teeth, healthier gums and better breath, and it can cure your insomnia, among other positive health effects. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- 13th annual Super Swish unfolds Saturday
Still looking for another very rare 15-of-15 performance, the 13th annual Super Swish Free-Throw competition unfolds Saturday at 5 p.m. at Park View Intermediate School. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'