Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
Swish Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : elegant and fashionable; "classy clothes"; "a classy dame";
"a posh restaurant"; "a swish pastry shop on the Rue du
Bac"- Julia Child [syn: classy, posh]
n : a brushing or rustling sound
v : move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing
sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The
curtain swooshed open" [syn: lap, swosh, swoosh]
- Swish \Swish\, v. t. [From the sound. Cf. Swash.]
- To flourish, so as to make the sound swish. --Coleridge.
- To flog; to lash. [Slang] --Thackeray.
- Swish \Swish\, v. i.
To dash; to swash.
- Swish \Swish\, n.
- A sound of quick movement, as of something whirled through the air. [Colloq.]
- (Naut.) Light driven spray. [Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
- Swish: Swish may refer to: Swish (basketball), a widespread colloquial term for a 'perfect' shot which goes through the basket without touching the ...
- Swish cymbal: The swish cymbal and the pang cymbal are exotic ride cymbal s originally developed as part of the collaboration between Gene Krupa and the ...
- Swish (slang): Swish is a slang term usually used derogatorily for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp ), emphasized and sanctioned in pre- ...
- Swish (SFTP client): Swish is a shell extension that allows Windows Explorer to manage files using SFTP It can be used to transfer files to and from a remote ...
- SWiSH Max: SWiSH Max is a flash creation tool that is commonly used to create interactive and cross-platform movies, animations, and presentations ...
- SWISH-E: SWISH-E stands for Simple Web Indexing System for Humans - Enhanced. It is used to index collections of documents ranging up to one ...
- SunSet Swish: External links : com/ SunSet Swish official site. Category:Sony Music Japan artists.
- Swish (organization): Swish is a gay-straight alliance that provides opportunities for all women and men to contribute their time, energy, and talents to ...
- Swish knocker: Swish knocker is a type of crash cymbal which has the shape basic of a China cymbal , but with the inclusion of rivets loosely punched ...
Words and phrases related to 'Swish'
Swish Sample Sentences in News
- Tennessee Lady Vols center Mercedes Russell to have surgery on other foot
After announcing that Tennessee center Mercedes Russell would redshirt the 2014-15 season, Swish Appeal has learned that she'll be having an additional surgery to correct long-standing orthopedic problems. Yesterday, it was stated that 6-foot-6 Tennessee center, Mercedes Russell, would redshirt the upcoming 2014-15 season after having surgery on her foot earli Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- Just for the girls: Swish and Supper
THE Purplespoonevents will be holding a Swish and Supper evening for the girls to raise money for Cancer Research UK at the Purplespoon Supperclub in Bridgwater. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- Uncle Sam needs you to pay tax
At the heart of Paris’s swish 8th arrondissement, the Hotel George V stands as a monument to old-world opulence. Built in the 1920s, its sumptuous suites and the airy corridors festooned with 18th-century tapestries and chandeliers are redolent of the hotel’s glittering past. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'