Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
Swish Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : elegant and fashionable; "classy clothes"; "a classy dame";
"a posh restaurant"; "a swish pastry shop on the Rue du
Bac"- Julia Child [syn: classy, posh]
n : a brushing or rustling sound
v : move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing
sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The
curtain swooshed open" [syn: lap, swosh, swoosh]
- Swish \Swish\, v. t. [From the sound. Cf. Swash.]
- To flourish, so as to make the sound swish. --Coleridge.
- To flog; to lash. [Slang] --Thackeray.
- Swish \Swish\, v. i.
To dash; to swash.
- Swish \Swish\, n.
- A sound of quick movement, as of something whirled through the air. [Colloq.]
- (Naut.) Light driven spray. [Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Swish'
- Swish: Swish may refer to: Swish (basketball), a widespread colloquial term for a 'perfect' shot which goes through the basket without touching the ...
- Swish cymbal: The swish cymbal and the pang cymbal are exotic ride cymbal s originally developed as part of the collaboration between Gene Krupa and the ...
- Swish (slang): Swish is a slang term usually used derogatorily for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp ), emphasized and sanctioned in pre- ...
- Swish (SFTP client): Swish is a shell extension that allows Windows Explorer to manage files using SFTP It can be used to transfer files to and from a remote ...
- SWiSH Max: SWiSH Max is a flash creation tool that is commonly used to create interactive and cross-platform movies, animations, and presentations ...
- SWISH-E: SWISH-E stands for Simple Web Indexing System for Humans - Enhanced. It is used to index collections of documents ranging up to one ...
- SunSet Swish: External links : com/ SunSet Swish official site. Category:Sony Music Japan artists.
- Swish (organization): Swish is a gay-straight alliance that provides opportunities for all women and men to contribute their time, energy, and talents to ...
- Swish knocker: Swish knocker is a type of crash cymbal which has the shape basic of a China cymbal , but with the inclusion of rivets loosely punched ...
Words and phrases related to 'Swish'
Swish Sample Sentences in News
- Oil-swishing craze: Snake oil or all-purpose remedy?
Allison Bennett of Palm City, Fla., plans to swish daily. Sloshing coconut oil around her mouth for a quarter of an hour every day will make her teeth whiter, she believes. Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Shabu Shazam!
By Daniel Kolodrubetz STAFF WRITER Shabu-shabu, the Japanese style of hot pot, actually translates to swish-swish, echoing the sounds that the ingredients make as you stir them in the soup at your table. It makes sense that Swish Shabu has evoked this auditory experience with their name, as they provide a dining experience that is a treat for all of the senses. No Read more on this news related to 'Swish'
- OMG! One Direction's Liam Payne rents out Lamborghini in LA and jokes: Don't catch me speeding
Liam will be driving a swish motor for a few days Read more on this news related to 'Swish'