Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
Dangling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- danglingn : the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so itmoves freely); "there was a small ceremony for thehanging of the portrait" [syn: suspension, hanging]
- Dangle \Dan"gle\ (d[a^][ng]"g'l), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dangled;p. pr. & vb. n. Dangling.] [Akin to Dan. dangle, dial. Sw.dangla, Dan. dingle, Sw. dingla, Icel. dingla; perh. from E.ding.]To hang loosely, or with a swinging or jerking motion.He'd rather on a gibbet dangle Than miss his deardelight, to wrangle. --Hudibras.From her lifted hand Dangled a length of ribbon.--Tennyson.To dangle about or after, to hang upon importunately; tocourt the favor of; to beset.The Presbyterians, and other fanatics that dangleafter them, are well inclined to pull down thepresent establishment. --Swift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
- Dangling pointer: Dangling pointers and wild pointers in computer programming are pointers that do ... (now) dangling pointer, unpredictable behavior may ...
- Dangling modifier: A dangling modifier, a specific case of which is the dangling participle is an error in sentence structure whereby a grammatical modifier ...
- Dangling bond: In chemistry , a dangling bond is an unsatisfied valence on an immobilised atom . In order to gain enough electrons to fill their valence ...
- Dangling Man: Dangling Man is a 1944 novel by Saul Bellow . It is his first published work. Plot summary : Written in diary format, the story centers on the ...
- The Dangling Conversation: "The Dangling Conversation" is a song written by Paul Simon , first released in September 1966 as a Simon and Garfunkel single "The ...
- Dangling else: The dangling else is a well-known problem in computer programming in which a seemingly well-defined grammar can become ambiguous . ...
- (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String: (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String" is a pop song performed by Donny Osmond . The song was a single released from the January 1977 album ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dangling'
Dangling Sample Sentences in News
Residents in the south east Christchurch suburb of Redcliffs have been evacuated, after fears a quake-damaged home could collapse onto the road below. Evacuations as Christchurch house teeters Christchurch, Redcliffs, earthquake, house, Beachville Road, Main Road, Moa Cave, collapse, house Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Crane lifts truck dangling from Vic bridge
Several cranes and a remote-controlled drone have removed a truck that was dangling from a Melbourne bridge after a crash on Friday morning. Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Cop chief: Scrap ‘no limit’ bail
BRITISH Transport Police head says it’s wrong for people to be ‘left dangling’ indefinitely while officers investigate Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'