Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
Dangling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- danglingn : the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so itmoves freely); "there was a small ceremony for thehanging of the portrait" [syn: suspension, hanging]
- Dangle \Dan"gle\ (d[a^][ng]"g'l), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dangled;p. pr. & vb. n. Dangling.] [Akin to Dan. dangle, dial. Sw.dangla, Dan. dingle, Sw. dingla, Icel. dingla; perh. from E.ding.]To hang loosely, or with a swinging or jerking motion.He'd rather on a gibbet dangle Than miss his deardelight, to wrangle. --Hudibras.From her lifted hand Dangled a length of ribbon.--Tennyson.To dangle about or after, to hang upon importunately; tocourt the favor of; to beset.The Presbyterians, and other fanatics that dangleafter them, are well inclined to pull down thepresent establishment. --Swift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
- Dangling pointer: Dangling pointers and wild pointers in computer programming are pointers that do ... (now) dangling pointer, unpredictable behavior may ...
- Dangling modifier: A dangling modifier, a specific case of which is the dangling participle is an error in sentence structure whereby a grammatical modifier ...
- Dangling bond: In chemistry , a dangling bond is an unsatisfied valence on an immobilised atom . In order to gain enough electrons to fill their valence ...
- Dangling Man: Dangling Man is a 1944 novel by Saul Bellow . It is his first published work. Plot summary : Written in diary format, the story centers on the ...
- The Dangling Conversation: "The Dangling Conversation" is a song written by Paul Simon , first released in September 1966 as a Simon and Garfunkel single "The ...
- Dangling else: The dangling else is a well-known problem in computer programming in which a seemingly well-defined grammar can become ambiguous . ...
- (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String: (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String" is a pop song performed by Donny Osmond . The song was a single released from the January 1977 album ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dangling'
Dangling Sample Sentences in News
- Stowaway on jet said to be homesick for Africa
A security video shows the California boy who survived stowing away on a jetliner dangling his feet from the aircraft's wheel well after arriving in Hawaii, before jumping 8 to 10 feet to the ground and collapsing, an... Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Dead man found dangling from exhaust system at Marrero store
A man was found dead dangling over the stove in a Marrero store Saturday (April 19), Jefferson Parish Coroner Gerry Cvitanovich has confirmed. Employees discovered the man after 10 a.m. at Greg's Food Store in the 900 block of Westwood... Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Merrill sets new $8 million bragging target for its top brokers
By Jed Horowitz NEW YORK (Reuters) - Merrill Lynch is dangling a new incentive in front of its brokers by creating a "recognition club" for those who bring in $8 million or more a year from clients, more than doubling the top goals set by its securities industry rivals. Until now, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management's top recognition club was its "C Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'