Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
Dangling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- danglingn : the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so itmoves freely); "there was a small ceremony for thehanging of the portrait" [syn: suspension, hanging]
- Dangle \Dan"gle\ (d[a^][ng]"g'l), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dangled;p. pr. & vb. n. Dangling.] [Akin to Dan. dangle, dial. Sw.dangla, Dan. dingle, Sw. dingla, Icel. dingla; perh. from E.ding.]To hang loosely, or with a swinging or jerking motion.He'd rather on a gibbet dangle Than miss his deardelight, to wrangle. --Hudibras.From her lifted hand Dangled a length of ribbon.--Tennyson.To dangle about or after, to hang upon importunately; tocourt the favor of; to beset.The Presbyterians, and other fanatics that dangleafter them, are well inclined to pull down thepresent establishment. --Swift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
- Dangling pointer: Dangling pointers and wild pointers in computer programming are pointers that do ... (now) dangling pointer, unpredictable behavior may ...
- Dangling modifier: A dangling modifier, a specific case of which is the dangling participle is an error in sentence structure whereby a grammatical modifier ...
- Dangling bond: In chemistry , a dangling bond is an unsatisfied valence on an immobilised atom . In order to gain enough electrons to fill their valence ...
- Dangling Man: Dangling Man is a 1944 novel by Saul Bellow . It is his first published work. Plot summary : Written in diary format, the story centers on the ...
- The Dangling Conversation: "The Dangling Conversation" is a song written by Paul Simon , first released in September 1966 as a Simon and Garfunkel single "The ...
- Dangling else: The dangling else is a well-known problem in computer programming in which a seemingly well-defined grammar can become ambiguous . ...
- (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String: (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String" is a pop song performed by Donny Osmond . The song was a single released from the January 1977 album ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dangling'
Dangling Sample Sentences in News
- Tree Toppled Onto Coaster; Left Riders Dangling
California safety officials: tree, not branch, fell on coaster track, leaving riders dangling Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Truck left dangling off Bunbury bridge
A B-double truck was left dangling in Bunbury on Wednesday morning after crashing into the railing on the Preston River bridge on Estuary Drive. Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- ‘Be grateful you lost just five – 14 of mine are gone’
THEY found one dismembered body dangling from the edge of a partially destroyed room on the second floor of a building gutted by an Israeli tank shell. Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'