Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
Dangling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- danglingn : the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so itmoves freely); "there was a small ceremony for thehanging of the portrait" [syn: suspension, hanging]
- Dangle \Dan"gle\ (d[a^][ng]"g'l), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dangled;p. pr. & vb. n. Dangling.] [Akin to Dan. dangle, dial. Sw.dangla, Dan. dingle, Sw. dingla, Icel. dingla; perh. from E.ding.]To hang loosely, or with a swinging or jerking motion.He'd rather on a gibbet dangle Than miss his deardelight, to wrangle. --Hudibras.From her lifted hand Dangled a length of ribbon.--Tennyson.To dangle about or after, to hang upon importunately; tocourt the favor of; to beset.The Presbyterians, and other fanatics that dangleafter them, are well inclined to pull down thepresent establishment. --Swift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dangling'
- Dangling pointer: Dangling pointers and wild pointers in computer programming are pointers that do ... (now) dangling pointer, unpredictable behavior may ...
- Dangling modifier: A dangling modifier, a specific case of which is the dangling participle is an error in sentence structure whereby a grammatical modifier ...
- Dangling bond: In chemistry , a dangling bond is an unsatisfied valence on an immobilised atom . In order to gain enough electrons to fill their valence ...
- Dangling Man: Dangling Man is a 1944 novel by Saul Bellow . It is his first published work. Plot summary : Written in diary format, the story centers on the ...
- The Dangling Conversation: "The Dangling Conversation" is a song written by Paul Simon , first released in September 1966 as a Simon and Garfunkel single "The ...
- Dangling else: The dangling else is a well-known problem in computer programming in which a seemingly well-defined grammar can become ambiguous . ...
- (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String: (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String" is a pop song performed by Donny Osmond . The song was a single released from the January 1977 album ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dangling'
Dangling Sample Sentences in News
- Window washers left dangling 21 stories up on high-rise
Two window-washers were left dangling 21 stories up after their scaffolding got stuck outside a Financial District apartment building around 1 p.m. Monday, authorities said. The men were washing windows... Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Dangling the Linux Carrot
FOSSforce : These are different desktops, all individual from one another, and I can do different things on each one of them at different times." Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'
- Driver airlifted after tractor-trailer is left dangling off highway
.@NJSP and firefighters save man from water after truck crash on NJTP/I80 in #Ridgefield MORE> bit.ly/1BwPva2 http://t.co/gDtVQmmtsi— (@News12NJ) August 19, 2014 A truck driver is fighting for his life... Read more on this news related to 'Dangling'