Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
- successfully completed or brought to an end; "his missionaccomplished he took a vacation"; "the completedproject"; "the joy of a realized ambition overcamehim" [syn: accomplished, realized, realised]
- (of a marriage) completed by the first act of sexualintercourse after the ceremony
- caught; "a completed forward pass"
- Complete \Com*plete"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Completed; p. pr. &vb. n. Completing.]To bring to a state in which there is no deficiency; toperfect; to consummate; to accomplish; to fulfill; to finish;as, to complete a task, or a poem; to complete a course ofeducation.Bred only and completed to the taste Of lustfulappetence. --Milton.And, to complete her bliss, a fool for mate. --Pope.Syn: To perform; execute; terminate; conclude; finish; end;fill up; achieve; realize; effect; consummate;accomplish; effectuate; fulfill; bring to pass.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
In general, an object is complete if nothing needs to be added to it. This notion is made more specific in various fields.
In logic, semantic completeness is the converse of soundness for formal systems. A formal system is "semantically complete" when all tautologies are theorems whereas a formal system is "sound" when all theorems are tautologies. Kurt Gödel, Leon Henkin, and Emil Post all published proofs of completeness. (See History of the Church–Turing thesis.) A system is consistent if a proof never exists for both P and not P.
In mathematics, "complete" is a term that takes on specific meanings in specific situations, and not every situation in which a type of "completion" occurs is called a "completion". See, for example, algebraically closed field or compactification.[See more about Completed at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Completed'
'Completed' in famous quotation sentence
* I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is opposed to every instinct in my body. But as president I must put the interests of America first ... Therefore, I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow. - Richard Milhous Nixon
* When you have completed 95 of your journey you are halfway there. - Japanese Proverb
Click here for more related quotations on 'Completed'
Completed Sample Sentences in News
- ASADA has completed its probe into the AFL and NRL, says chief executive
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority has completed its investigation of the AFL and NRL, the body's chief told a Senate hearing on Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- ASADA probe ends without Stephen Dank's input
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority has completed its investigation of the AFL and NRL without speaking to Stephen Dank, the central figure in the drama at Essendon and Cronulla. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- Process to Sign FTA With ASEAN Completed: Khurshid
India has completed the internal process for signing the much-waited free trade agreement in services and investments with ASEAN which is set to significantly boost its economic engagement with the 10-nation grouping. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'