Pinion Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- wing of a bird
- any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird
- a gear with a small number of teeth designed to mesh with a larger wheel or rack
- cut the wings off (of birds)
- bind the arms of
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a gear with a small number of teeth designed to mesh with a larger wheel or rack ,
- any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird ,
- wing of a bird
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pinion'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pinion'
- Pinion: article is about a type of gear. For other uses, see Pinion (disambiguation). A pinion is a round gear used in several applications: usually
- Rack and pinion: For rack and pinion railways, see Rack railway. A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a pair of gears which convert rotational
- Pinion (disambiguation): Pinion may refer to: Pinion, the smallest gear in a gear drive train "Pinion", a song by Nine Inch Nails from the 1992 EP Broken Pinyon (or pinion, piñon)
Words and phrases related to 'Pinion'
Pinion Sample Sentences in News
- Clemson punter Bradley Pinion declares for NFL draft
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- Clemson punter Bradley Pinion is giving up his final season for the pros. Read more on this news related to 'Pinion'
- Gold Standard Phase 2 Drilling Continues to Expand Oxide Gold Zones at Pinion, Carlin Trend Nevada
Gold Standard Ventures Corp. today announced assay results of seven reverse-circulation holes from the Pinion Phase 2 drilling program at its 100%-owned Railroad-Pinion Project in Nevada's Carlin Trend. ... Read more on this news related to 'Pinion'
- Gold Standard Phase 2 Drilling Extends Shallow Oxide Gold Resource Potential at North End of Pinion Deposit, Carlin ...
Gold Standard Ventures Corp. today announced assay results of eight reverse-circulation holes from the northern portion of the Pinion Phase 2 drilling program at its 100%-owned Railroad-Pinion Project ... Read more on this news related to 'Pinion'