Pinion Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- wing of a bird
- any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird
- a gear with a small number of teeth designed to mesh with a larger wheel or rack
- cut the wings off (of birds)
- bind the arms of
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a gear with a small number of teeth designed to mesh with a larger wheel or rack ,
- any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird ,
- wing of a bird
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pinion'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pinion'
- Pinion: article is about a type of gear. For other uses, see Pinion (disambiguation). A pinion is a round gear used in several applications: usually
- Rack and pinion: For rack and pinion railways, see Rack railway. A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a pair of gears which convert rotational
- Bradley Pinion: Bradley Pinion (born June 1, 1994) is an American football punter for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by
- Pinion (disambiguation): Pinion may refer to: Pinion, the smallest gear in a gear drive train "Pinion", a song by Nine Inch Nails from the 1992 EP Broken Pinyon (or pinion, piñon)
- Pinion Pines, Arizona: Pinion Pines is a census-designated place (CDP) located in Mohave County, Arizona, United States. The population was 186 at the 2010 census. Pinion Pines
- Pinioning: Pinioning is the act of surgically removing one pinion joint, the joint of a bird's wing farthest from the body, to prevent flight. Pinioning is often
- Offutt Pinion: Offutt Pinion (March 23, 1910 – September 30, 1976) was an American sport shooter who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics winning a bronze medal in the
Words and phrases related to 'Pinion'