Amok Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"
- in a murderous frenzy; "rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones"
- wildly; without self-control; "when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Amok'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Amok'
- Running amok: "Amok" redirects here. For other uses, see Amok (disambiguation). "Run amuck" redirects here. For the Transformers character, see Runamuck. Running amok
- Amok (video game): For the Atoms for Peace album, see Amok (Atoms for Peace album). Amok (sometimes spelled AMOK, A.M.O.K., A+M+O+K, or A•M•O•K) is an action game for Windows
- Amok (disambiguation): Running amok is a state of mind characterised by uncontrolled, murderous violence. Amok may also refer to: Amok (The Late B.P. Helium album), 2004 Amok (Sentenced
- Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?: Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? (German: Warum läuft Herr R. Amok?) is a 1970 German drama film directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Michael Fengler. It
- Amok Time: "Amok Time" is the second season premiere episode of the original science fiction television series Star Trek. It is episode #30, production #34, first
- Bedstemor går amok: Bedstemor går amok is a 1944 Danish comedy film directed by Lau Lauritzen, Jr. and Alice O'Fredericks. Petrine Sonne - Bedstemor Betty Larsen Christian
- Amok (dish): foreign. When ordering for amok, choose some ingredient. The most famous things are amok fish, amok beef and amok chicken. And amok can eat with rice. The
- Amok trey: Amok trei (Khmer: អាម៉ុកត្រី or ហហ្មុកត្រី - "haa mok trəy"), freq. "Ho Mok" (US), or steamed curried fish, is a traditional dish of Cambodian cuisine
- Amok (Atoms for Peace album): Amok is the debut album by the alternative rock band Atoms for Peace, released on February 25, 2013 by XL Recordings. The album features Radiohead singer
Words and phrases related to 'Amok'
Amok Sample Sentences in News
- Site Last Updated 1:10 am, Thursday
KOTA KINABALU: A local man, believed to be mentally unsound, was arrested by police after he ran amok with a traditional dagger, ‘keris’ near Apiwon Restaurant at Sembulan here on Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Amok'
- Armed gangs sowing terror in northern Ivory Coast
Armed gangs are running amok in northern Ivory Coast, where residents are being subjected to relentless, sometimes deadly attacks, Human Rights Watch said Monday. HRW said it had documented 15 violent attacks in recent months, in which at least four people were killed and at least 22 wounded. Ivorian media have also carried several reports on the violence, which h Read more on this news related to 'Amok'
- Marsh brothers ready to run amok again
Former Test opener Geoff Marsh says he'll be extremely proud when his two sons play Test cricket together for the first time this week. Read more on this news related to 'Amok'