Amok Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"
- in a murderous frenzy; "rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones"
- wildly; without self-control; "when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Amok'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Amok'
- Running amok: "Amok" redirects here. For other uses, see Amok (disambiguation). "Run amuck" redirects here. For the Transformers character, see Runamuck. Running amok
- Amok (video game): For the Atoms for Peace album, see Amok (Atoms for Peace album). Amok (sometimes spelled AMOK, A.M.O.K., A+M+O+K, or A•M•O•K) is an action game for Windows
- Amok (disambiguation): Running amok is a state of mind characterised by uncontrolled, murderous violence. Amok may also refer to: Amok (The Late B.P. Helium album), 2004 Amok (Sentenced
- Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?: Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? (German: Warum läuft Herr R. Amok?) is a 1970 German drama film directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Michael Fengler. It
- Amok Time: "Amok Time" is the second season premiere episode of the original science fiction television series Star Trek. It is episode #30, production #34, first
- Bedstemor går amok: Bedstemor går amok is a 1944 Danish comedy film directed by Lau Lauritzen, Jr. and Alice O'Fredericks. Petrine Sonne - Bedstemor Betty Larsen Christian
- Amok (Atoms for Peace album): Amok is the debut album by the alternative rock band Atoms for Peace, released on February 25, 2013 by XL Recordings. The album features Radiohead singer
- Amok (dish): foreign. When ordering for amok, choose some ingredient. The most famous things are amok fish, amok beef and amok chicken. And amok can eat with rice. The
- Amok trey: Amok trei (Khmer: អាម៉ុកត្រី or ហហ្មុកត្រី - "haa mok trəy"), freq. "Ho Mok" (US), or steamed curried fish, is a traditional dish of Cambodian cuisine
- Amok (1983 film): Amok is a 1983 Moroccan drama film directed by Souheil Ben-Barka. It won the Golden Prize at the 13th Moscow International Film Festival. Robert Liensol
Words and phrases related to 'Amok'
Amok Sample Sentences in News
- Break dancer with fireworks strapped to his legs performs spectacular routine
Break dancer Lil Amok, who lives in Germany, has very different New Year’s Eve traditions from the rest of us. Read more on this news related to 'Amok'
- Thieves ‘running amok’ in Hailsham in spate of shop burglaries
A Hailsham shopkeeper said thieves are ‘running amok’ in the town, because of the lack of police presence at night. Read more on this news related to 'Amok'
- The journey to Kampong Paya Besar: Volunteers struggle to reach Orang Asli community in Pahang
MARAN, Jan 7 — Taking a few final puffs of his hand-rolled cigarette before putting it out, Amok Sin Chua flashed a toothy grin at the convoy that had just arrived in five four-wheel drives moments... Read more on this news related to 'Amok'