Amok Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"
- in a murderous frenzy; "rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones"
- wildly; without self-control; "when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Amok'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Amok'
- Running amok: "Amok" redirects here. For other uses, see Amok (disambiguation). "Run amuck" redirects here. For the Transformers character, see Runamuck. Running amok
- Amok (video game): For the Atoms for Peace album, see Amok (Atoms for Peace album). Amok (sometimes spelled AMOK, A.M.O.K., A+M+O+K, or A•M•O•K) is an action game for Windows
- Amok (disambiguation): Running amok is a state of mind characterised by uncontrolled, murderous violence. Amok may also refer to: Amok (The Late B.P. Helium album), 2004 Amok (Sentenced
- Amok Time: "Amok Time" is the second-season premiere episode of the original science fiction television series, Star Trek. It is episode #30, production #34, first
- Amok trey: Amok trei (Khmer: អាម៉ុកត្រី or ហហ្មុកត្រី - "haa mok trəy"), freq. "Ho Mok" (US), or steamed curried fish, is a traditional dish of Cambodian cuisine
- Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?: Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? (German: Warum läuft Herr R. Amok?) is a 1970 German drama film directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Michael Fengler. It
- Amok (novella): Amok is a novella by the Austrian author Stefan Zweig. First printed in the newspaper Neue Freie Presse in 1922, Amok appeared shortly afterwards in the
- Amok (comics): Amok (subtitled "II Gigante Mascherato", "the Masked Giant") is an Italian comic book series created by Cesare Solini and Antonio Canale. The comics started
- Bedstemor går amok: Bedstemor går amok is a 1944 Danish comedy film directed by Lau Lauritzen Jr. and Alice O'Fredericks. Petrine Sonne - Bedstemor Betty Larsen Christian
- Amok (1944 film): Amok is a 1944 Mexican romantic drama film directed by Antonio Momplet and starring María Félix and Julián Soler. The film is based on the novel Der Amokläufer
Words and phrases related to 'Amok'