Amok Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"
- in a murderous frenzy; "rioters running amuck and throwing sticks and bottles and stones"
- wildly; without self-control; "when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Amok'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Amok'
- Running amok: "Amok" redirects here. For other uses, see Amok (disambiguation). "Run amuck" redirects here. For the Transformers character, see Runamuck. Running amok
- Amok (video game): For the Atoms for Peace album, see Amok (Atoms for Peace album). Amok (sometimes spelled AMOK, A.M.O.K., A+M+O+K, or A•M•O•K) is an action game for Windows
- Amok (disambiguation): Running amok is a state of mind characterised by uncontrolled, murderous violence. Amok may also refer to: Amok (The Late B.P. Helium album), 2004 Amok (Sentenced
- Bedstemor går amok: Bedstemor går amok is a 1944 Danish comedy film directed by Lau Lauritzen, Jr. and Alice O'Fredericks. Petrine Sonne - Bedstemor Betty Larsen Christian
- Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?: Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? (German: Warum läuft Herr R. Amok?) is a 1970 German drama film directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Michael Fengler. It
- Amok Time: "Amok Time" is the second season premiere episode of the original science fiction television series, Star Trek. It is episode #30, production #34, first
- Amok (dish): foreign. When ordering for amok, choose some ingredient. The most famous things are amok fish, amok beef and amok chicken. Amok can also be eaten with rice
- Amok (Atoms for Peace album): Amok is the debut album by the band Atoms for Peace, released on February 25, 2013 by XL Recordings. The album features Radiohead singer Thom Yorke (vocals
- Amok trey: Amok trei (Khmer: អាម៉ុកត្រី or ហហ្មុកត្រី - "haa mok trəy"), freq. "Ho Mok" (US), or steamed curried fish, is a traditional dish of Cambodian cuisine
- Amok (novella): Amok is a novella by the Austrian author Stefan Zweig. First printed in the newspaper Neue Freie Presse in 1922, Amok appeared shortly afterwards in the
Words and phrases related to 'Amok'