English Language Guide: Honorific

you can double click on any word and get a popup explaination of the word meaning and real life sample sentences
English honorific is a title prefixing a person's name, e.g.: Miss, Ms., Mr, Sir, Mrs, Dr, Lord. They are not necessarily titles or positions that can appear without the person's name, as in the President, the Earl.
There are many forms of honorifics that are used when addressing the members of the nobility or royalty, mostly in countries that are monarchies. These include "Your Majesty" and "Your Highness", which are often used when speaking with royalty. "Milord" or "Milady" (for "my lord" or "my lady") can be used to address a peer or peeress other than a Duke, who is referred to as "Your Grace".
Some honorifics distinguish the sex of the person being referred to. Some titles of the nobility and of professional honorifics such as Doctor or General do not have female equivalents because they were traditionally male-only professions, and women have simply adopted the associated titles.
General usage of some common titles