Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Whop'
Whop Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- hit hard; "The teacher whacked the boy" [syn: whack, wham, wallop]
- hit hard [syn: sock, bop, whap, bonk, bash] [also: whopping, whopped]
- Whap \Whap\, Whop \Whop\, v. i. [Cf. OE. quappen to palpitate,
E. quob, quaver, wabble, awhape, wap.]
To throw one's self quickly, or by an abrupt motion; to turn
suddenly; as, she whapped down on the floor; the fish whapped
Note: This word is used adverbially in the north of England,
as in the United States, when anything vanishes, or is
gone suddenly; as, whap went the cigar out of my mouth.
- Whap \Whap\, Whop \Whop\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Whapped; p. pr.
& vb. n. Whapping.]
To beat or strike.
- Whap \Whap\, Whop \Whop\, n.
A blow, or quick, smart stroke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Whop'
- WHOP: WHOP can refer to: WHOP (AM), a radio station at 1230 AM licensed to Hopkinsville, Kentucky. WHOP-FM , a radio station at 98.7 FM licensed to ...
- WHOP (AM): WHOP (1230 AM ) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Hopkinsville, Kentucky , USA, the station ...
- WHOP-FM: WHOP-FM (98.7 FM ) is a radio station broadcasting a Soft Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to Hopkinsville, Kentucky , USA, the ...
- Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate: Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate is one of the smallest streets in York , if not the smallest. It is between Colliergate and Fossgate and intersects ...
- Doo-Whop (Whigfield song): "Doo Whop" is a song from Whigfield III . The EP was released in 2000 in Spain, Canada, Germany and The Netherlands. Official Remixes ...
- Whopper (disambiguation): Whop might refer to: WHOP (AM), a radio station at 1230 AM licensed to Hopkinsville, Kentucky. WHOP-FM , a radio station at 98.7 FM licensed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Whop'
Whop Sample Sentences in News
- Kernels lose at Clinton, 8-5
CLINTON — Mitch Garver’s two-run home run in the top of the first inning was the highlight of Monday night for the Cedar Rapids Kernels, whop dropped a 8-5 decision to the Clinton... Read more on this news related to 'Whop'