Vestal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a chaste woman
- in a state of sexual virginity; "pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
- of or relating to Vesta; "vestal virgin"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a chaste woman
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Vestal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vestal'
- Vestal: Virgin Vestal, New York HMS Vestal, the name of eight ships of the Royal Navy USS Vestal (AR-4), ship Vestal Review, magazine Vestal moth, the geometer moth
- The Vestal: For the geometer moth, see Rhodometra sacraria. The Vestal - Grand ballet in 3 Acts-4 Scenes, with choreography by Marius Petipa and music by Mikhail Ivanov
- Vestal Virgin: religion, the Vestals or Vestal Virgins (Vestales, singular Vestalis) were priestesses of Vesta, goddess of the hearth. The College of the Vestals and its well-being
- Vestal, New York: the population was 28,043. Vestal is on the south border of the county and is west and southwest of Binghamton. Vestal is home to Binghamton University
- Albert Henry Vestal: Majority Whip 1923–1931. "Albert Henry Vestal". Find a Grave. Retrieved September 3, 2010. Albert Henry Vestal at the Biographical Directory of the United
- Vestal High School: Vestal High School is a public high school that operates as part of the Vestal Central School District which encompasses 57 square miles (150 km2) just
- Spilosoma vestalis: Spilosoma vestalis, the Vestal Tiger-moth, is a moth in the Arctiidae family. It was described by Packard in 1864. It is found along the coast of western
- Vestal Watches: Vestal is a privately held company that designs, develops and manufactures unique watches predicated on image and style. Vestal sells watches and clothes
- HMS Vestal (1779): ships of the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal was a 28-gun Enterprise-class sixth-rate frigate of the Royal Navy. Vestal was first commissioned in November
- HMS Vestal (J215): For other ships of the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal (J215) was an Algerine-class minesweeper of the Royal Navy. She was launched in 1943 and saw
Words and phrases related to 'Vestal'
Vestal Sample Sentences in News
- Vestal, JC, UE score playoff wins
Town of Dickinson (WBNG BINGHAMTON) Vestal, Johnson City and Union-Endicott won playoff games in the Broome County HS Hockey Association on Sunday. Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'
- Vestal High School Students Put Together Chemistry Magic Show
Some high school kids are putting a spin on learning chemistry. Vestal High School puts on a chemistry magic show four times during the school year for students in African Road, Clayton, Vestal Hills and Tioga Hills Elementary schools. The show is not your average chemistry lesson. It's Elizabeth Dobell's last year participating in the Vestal High School Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'
- Vestal Teachers Association to host Diane Ravitch
Vestal, NY (WBGN Binghamton) The Vestal Teacher's Association will host education mogul Diane Ravitch on March 4 for a discussion titled “What’s Right with Public Education.” Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'