Vestal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a chaste woman
- in a state of sexual virginity; "pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
- of or relating to Vesta; "vestal virgin"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a chaste woman
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Vestal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vestal'
- Vestal: Vestal can refer to: Pertaining to Vesta (mythology), a Roman goddess, the Sacred fire of Vesta, or the Temple of Vesta Vestal Virgin Vestal, New York
- Albert Henry Vestal: Biography portal "Albert Henry Vestal". Find a Grave. Retrieved September 3, 2010. United States Congress. "Albert Henry Vestal (id: V000092)". Biographical
- Vestal Virgin: Rome, the Vestals or Vestal Virgins (Vestales, singular Vestalis) were priestesses of Vesta, goddess of the hearth. The College of the Vestals and its well-being
- Vestal, New York: the population was 28,043. Vestal is on the south border of the county and is west and southwest of Binghamton. Vestal is home to Binghamton University
- Spilosoma vestalis: Spilosoma vestalis, the vestal tiger-moth, is a moth in the family Arctiidae. It was described by Packard in 1864. It is found along the coast of western
- The Vestal: La Vestale (en. The Vestal) is a grand ballet in three acts and four scenes with choreography by Marius Petipa and music by Mikhail Ivanov. The ballet
- Vestal Springs, South Dakota: Vestal Springs is an unincorporated community in Custer County, in the U.S. state of South Dakota. The nearby spring has the name of Frank Vestal, a cattleman
- HMS Vestal (J215): For other ships with the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal was an Algerine-class minesweeper of the Royal Navy. She was launched in 1943 and saw service
- HMS Vestal (1779): with the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal was a 28-gun Enterprise-class sixth-rate frigate of the Royal Navy. Vestal was first commissioned in November
- Vestal Watches: Vestal is a privately held company that designs, develops and manufactures unique watches predicated on image and style. Vestal sells watches and clothes