Vestal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a chaste woman
- in a state of sexual virginity; "pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
- of or relating to Vesta; "vestal virgin"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a chaste woman
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Vestal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vestal'
- Vestal: Virgin Vestal, New York HMS Vestal, the name of eight ships of the Royal Navy USS Vestal (AR-4), ship Vestal Review, magazine Vestal moth, the geometer moth
- The Vestal: For the geometer moth, see Rhodometra sacraria. The Vestal - Grand ballet in 3 Acts-4 Scenes, with choreography by Marius Petipa and music by Mikhail Ivanov
- Vestal, New York: the population was 28,043. Vestal is on the south border of the county and is west and southwest of Binghamton. Vestal is home to Binghamton University
- Vestal Virgin: religion, the Vestals or Vestal Virgins (Vestales, singular Vestalis) were priestesses of Vesta, goddess of the hearth. The College of the Vestals and its well-being
- Albert Henry Vestal: Majority Whip 1923–1931. "Albert Henry Vestal". Find a Grave. Retrieved September 3, 2010. Albert Henry Vestal at the Biographical Directory of the United
- Spilosoma vestalis: Spilosoma vestalis, the Vestal Tiger-moth, is a moth in the Arctiidae family. It was described by Packard in 1864. It is found along the coast of western
- Vestal High School: Vestal High School is a public high school that operates as part of the Vestal Central School District which encompasses 57 square miles (150 km2) just
- Vestal Watches: Vestal is a privately held company that designs, develops and manufactures unique watches predicated on image and style. Vestal sells watches and clothes
- HMS Vestal (J215): For other ships of the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal (J215) was an Algerine-class minesweeper of the Royal Navy. She was launched in 1943 and saw
- HMS Vestal (1779): ships of the same name, see HMS Vestal. HMS Vestal was a 28-gun Enterprise-class sixth-rate frigate of the Royal Navy. Vestal was first commissioned in November
Words and phrases related to 'Vestal'
Vestal Sample Sentences in News
- Easter Bunny Makes Early Appearance
The Easter bunny is making an early appearance! Although it's not quite Easter Sunday yet, this Sunday the Vestal Coal House welcomed people to meet your favorite Bunny. The Easter at the Vestal Coal House event helped kick-off the opening of the Vestal Coal House Cafe. More than 100 people showed up to take pictures with Peter Cottontail. Mark Mushalla, Vesta Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'
- Vestal cruises past Maine-Endwell
It was a chilly night to open up the STAC lacrosse season, but that didn't stop the Vestal girls from catching fire against Maine-Endwell to the tune of a 15-2 victory. Tomasina Leska led the Golden Bears with four goals and four assists, freshman Amanda Fedor strung together a hat trick in first career varsity game. Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'
- GBI: Man arrested in fatal shooting is dead woman’s son
The bodies of Marilyn Laughlin and Anthony Poat were found inside a Blairsville residence. Cody Lee Vestal charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Marilyn Laughlin and Anthony Poat. Read more on this news related to 'Vestal'