Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetative'
Vegetative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- of or relating to an activity that is passive and monotonous; "a dull vegetative lifestyle" [syn: vegetive]
- used of involuntary bodily functions; "vegetative functions such as digestion or growth or circulation"
- (of reproduction) characterized by asexual processes [syn: vegetal]
- composed of vegetation or plants; "regions rich in vegetal products"; "vegetational cover"; "the decaying vegetative layer covering a forest floor" [syn: vegetal, vegetational]
- Vegetative \Veg"e*ta*tive\, a. [Cf. F. v['e]g['e]tatif.]
- Growing, or having the power of growing, as plants; capable of vegetating.
- Having the power to produce growth in plants; as, the vegetative properties of soil.
- (Biol.) Having relation to growth or nutrition; partaking of simple growth and enlargement of the systems of nutrition, apart from the sensorial or distinctively animal functions; vegetal. -- Veg"e*ta*tive*ly, adv. -- Veg"e*ta*tive*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetative'
- Vegetative: Vegetative describes vegetation . Vegetative may also refer to: ... Persistent vegetative state , a condition of people with severe brain damage ...
- Vegetative reproduction: Vegetative reproduction (vegetative propagation, vegetative multiplication, vegetative cloning) is a form of asexual reproduction in ...
- Persistent vegetative state: A persistent vegetative state is a condition of patients with severe brain damage who were in a coma , but progressed to a state of ...
- Vegetative treatment system: A Vegetative Treatment System (VTS) is a combination of treatment steps for ... A VTA is commonly confused with vegetative buffer (or filter) ...
- Reversed vegetative symptoms: Reversed vegetative symptoms include only oversleeping (hypersomnia ) and overeating (hyperphagia ), as compared to insomnia and loss of ...
- Permanent vegetative cover: Permanent vegetative cover refers to trees, perennial bunchgrass es and grassland s, legume s, and shrubs with an expected life span of at ...
- Single Vegetative Obstruction Model: The ITU Single Vegetative Obstruction Model is a Radio propagation model that ... The single vegetative obstruction model is formally ...
Words and phrases related to 'Vegetative'
Vegetative Sample Sentences in News
- The Patience Stone – review
A woman in a ruined warzone speaks her mind to her vegetative husband in this powerfully absorbing drama That remarkable 82-year-old veteran of the cinema Jean-Claude Carrière has written a trenchant and vivid screenplay for an absorbing drama set ambiguously in Afghanistan, or in some other country in the endgame of a grim and soul-destroying war. Carrière has Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'
- Medical pot grow readying to go
Vegetative growth room gives plants a kickstart. It’s difficult to spot Agrima Botanicals’ new medical marijuana operation in old, rural Maple Ridge. From the road, the old buildings and fences remain unchanged and fit in with the rustic nature of the area. Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'
- Bleak hope for snatch theft victim
SIBU: Housewife Lee Sing Kiew, who was in a vegetative state after a fall in a snatching theft [...] Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'