Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetative'
Vegetative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- of or relating to an activity that is passive and monotonous; "a dull vegetative lifestyle" [syn: vegetive]
- used of involuntary bodily functions; "vegetative functions such as digestion or growth or circulation"
- (of reproduction) characterized by asexual processes [syn: vegetal]
- composed of vegetation or plants; "regions rich in vegetal products"; "vegetational cover"; "the decaying vegetative layer covering a forest floor" [syn: vegetal, vegetational]
- Vegetative \Veg"e*ta*tive\, a. [Cf. F. v['e]g['e]tatif.]
- Growing, or having the power of growing, as plants; capable of vegetating.
- Having the power to produce growth in plants; as, the vegetative properties of soil.
- (Biol.) Having relation to growth or nutrition; partaking of simple growth and enlargement of the systems of nutrition, apart from the sensorial or distinctively animal functions; vegetal. -- Veg"e*ta*tive*ly, adv. -- Veg"e*ta*tive*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetative'
- Vegetative: Vegetative describes vegetation . Vegetative may also refer to: ... Persistent vegetative state , a condition of people with severe brain damage ...
- Vegetative reproduction: Vegetative reproduction (vegetative propagation, vegetative multiplication, vegetative cloning) is a form of asexual reproduction in ...
- Persistent vegetative state: A persistent vegetative state is a condition of patients with severe brain damage who were in a coma , but progressed to a state of ...
- Vegetative treatment system: A Vegetative Treatment System (VTS) is a combination of treatment steps for ... A VTA is commonly confused with vegetative buffer (or filter) ...
- Reversed vegetative symptoms: Reversed vegetative symptoms include only oversleeping (hypersomnia ) and overeating (hyperphagia ), as compared to insomnia and loss of ...
- Permanent vegetative cover: Permanent vegetative cover refers to trees, perennial bunchgrass es and grassland s, legume s, and shrubs with an expected life span of at ...
- Single Vegetative Obstruction Model: The ITU Single Vegetative Obstruction Model is a Radio propagation model that ... The single vegetative obstruction model is formally ...
Words and phrases related to 'Vegetative'
Vegetative Sample Sentences in News
- Joan Rivers may end up in a vegetative state or in a 'wheelchair'
Joan Rivers may end up in a vegetative state or in a 'wheelchair' Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'
- UPDATE: 11-month-old child dies, second in "vegetative state" after alleged abuse
Nyesha Crockett faces four felony charges for the death of her 11-month-old son and injuries to her 23-month-old daughter back in February. Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'
- Mother held in death, serious injury of children
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — A South Bend woman suspected in the death of her 11-month-old son has also been charged with injuring her daughter so seriously that the girl has been in a vegetative state for months. Read more on this news related to 'Vegetative'