Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetal'
Vegetal Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- (of reproduction) characterized by asexual processes [syn: vegetative]
- composed of vegetation or plants; "regions rich in vegetal products"; "vegetational cover"; "the decaying vegetative layer covering a forest floor" [syn: vegetational, vegetative]
- Vegetal \Veg"e*tal\, a. [F. v['e]g['e]tal. See Vegetable.]
- Of or pertaining to vegetables, or the vegetable kingdom; of the nature of a vegetable; vegetable. All creatures vegetal, sensible, and rational. --Burton.
- (Biol.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, that class of vital phenomena, such as digestion, absorption, assimilation, secretion, excretion, circulation, generation, etc., which are common to plants and animals, in distinction from sensation and volition, which are peculiar to animals.
- Vegetal \Veg"e*tal\, n. [F.]
A vegetable. [R.] --B. Jonson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Vegetal'
- Vegetal: Vegetal, the adjectival form of vegetable , can be. Vegetal (wine), a descriptive term used in wine tasting. Végétal , the 2006 album by Émilie ...
- União do Vegetal: União do Vegetal (Centro Espírita Beneficente União do Vegetal or UDV) is a Christian religion based on the use of Hoasca (or Ayahuasca ) ...
- Vegetal rotation: Vegetal Rotation is a morphogenetic movement that drives mesendoderm internalization during gastrulation in amphibian embryos. ...
- Sons of the Vegetal Mother: Sons of the Vegetal Mother (also known as The Vegetals to fans) were an Australia n "esoteric special-occasion progressive band", formed in ...
- Gonzales v. O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao do Vegetal: O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao-- do Vegetal, 546 U.S. 418 (2006)citation, is a case decided by the United States Supreme Court ...