Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
Valorous Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having or showing valor; "a valiant attempt to prevent the
hijack"; "a valiant soldier" [syn: valiant]
- Valorous \Val"or*ous\, a. [Cf. F. valeureux, LL. valorosus.]
Possessing or exhibiting valor; brave; courageous; valiant;
intrepid. -- Val"or*ous*ly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
- HMS Valorous: HMS Valorous has been the name of four ship s of the Royal Navy : HMS Valorous was a Combatant-class sixth rate sloop . She was launched ...
- HMS Valorous (1851): HMS Valorous was a 16 gun steam powered paddle wheel frigate of the Royal Navy built at Pembroke Dockyard and launched on 30 April 1851 ...
- Valorous Unit Award: The Valorous Unit Award is the second highest unit decoration which may be bestowed upon a U.S. Army unit (the highest being the ...
- HMS Valorous (1804): The first HMS Valorous was a sixth-rate Combatant-class sloop of the Royal Navy . She was rated as "18 guns" but carried twenty (or ...
- The Valorous Years: The Valorous Years is a serial novella by A. J. Cronin , initially published in 1940 in Good Housekeeping magazine. It is the moving ...
Words and phrases related to 'Valorous'
Valorous Sample Sentences in News
- Army veteran injured in bomb blast receives mortgage-free home
Army veteran Socheat "Sok" Mom was awarded a Purple Heart and Army Commendation Medal with "V" Device for "valorous actions under enemy fire." And on Wednesday, he received more accolades for his heroism. Read more on this news related to 'Valorous'
- ABC’s NY Med Is an Almost Freakishly Absorbing Documentary Series
Among the purest forms of television joy is a good episode of a good doctor show. Hospital shows, doctor shows — the drama and stakes are built right in, and the doctors and nurses are inherently valorous while the patients are inherently vulnerable. NY Med, ABC's documentary series that returns ... More » Read more on this news related to 'Valorous'