Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
Valorous Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having or showing valor; "a valiant attempt to prevent the
hijack"; "a valiant soldier" [syn: valiant]
- Valorous \Val"or*ous\, a. [Cf. F. valeureux, LL. valorosus.]
Possessing or exhibiting valor; brave; courageous; valiant;
intrepid. -- Val"or*ous*ly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
- HMS Valorous: HMS Valorous has been the name of four ship s of the Royal Navy : HMS Valorous was a Combatant-class sixth rate sloop . She was launched ...
- HMS Valorous (1851): HMS Valorous was a 16 gun steam powered paddle wheel frigate of the Royal Navy built at Pembroke Dockyard and launched on 30 April 1851 ...
- Valorous Unit Award: The Valorous Unit Award is the second highest unit decoration which may be bestowed upon a U.S. Army unit (the highest being the ...
- HMS Valorous (1804): The first HMS Valorous was a sixth-rate Combatant-class sloop of the Royal Navy . She was rated as "18 guns" but carried twenty (or ...
- The Valorous Years: The Valorous Years is a serial novella by A. J. Cronin , initially published in 1940 in Good Housekeeping magazine. It is the moving ...
Words and phrases related to 'Valorous'
Valorous Sample Sentences in News
- EA Sports NHL 14 cover: Vote for Sergei Bobrovsky because he’s awesome and stuff
In honor of the valorous and heartbreaking way, the Columbus Blue Jackets closed the season, we only want good things for the franchise. Winning the Draft Lottery after losing it last year would be a nice start. Maybe an All-Star … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Valorous'
- DoD proposes lifting Medal of Honor limit
The Defense Department wants to repeal a decades-old law restricting a service member to receiving only one Medal of Honor, saying the 'V' device added for subsequent awards seems too little for someone who has performed such a valorous act. Read more on this news related to 'Valorous'
- Fila-Pinas’ men of valor
The word volcano would conjure images of an eruption spewing forth lava and ash, or a tranquil and majestic cone-shaped mountain like Mt. Fuji or Mt. Mayon. But in military parlance, the word refers to “the regiment” composed of valorous Filipino men and foreign nationals who fought against the occupying forces during World War II. And that’s how our nationa Read more on this news related to 'Valorous'