Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
Valorous Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : having or showing valor; "a valiant attempt to prevent the
hijack"; "a valiant soldier" [syn: valiant]
- Valorous \Val"or*ous\, a. [Cf. F. valeureux, LL. valorosus.]
Possessing or exhibiting valor; brave; courageous; valiant;
intrepid. -- Val"or*ous*ly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Valorous'
- HMS Valorous: HMS Valorous has been the name of four ship s of the Royal Navy : HMS Valorous was a Combatant-class sixth rate sloop . She was launched ...
- HMS Valorous (1851): HMS Valorous was a 16 gun steam powered paddle wheel frigate of the Royal Navy built at Pembroke Dockyard and launched on 30 April 1851 ...
- Valorous Unit Award: The Valorous Unit Award is the second highest unit decoration which may be bestowed upon a U.S. Army unit (the highest being the ...
- HMS Valorous (1804): The first HMS Valorous was a sixth-rate Combatant-class sloop of the Royal Navy . She was rated as "18 guns" but carried twenty (or ...
- The Valorous Years: The Valorous Years is a serial novella by A. J. Cronin , initially published in 1940 in Good Housekeeping magazine. It is the moving ...
Words and phrases related to 'Valorous'