Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not adequate to give satisfaction; "the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
- not acceptable; not welcome; "a word unacceptable in polite society"; "an unacceptable violation of personal freedom" [ant: acceptable]
- used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence" [syn: impossible, insufferable, unsufferable]
- not conforming to standard usage; "the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'" [syn: unaccepted]
- Unacceptable \Un`ac*cept"a*ble\, a.
Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; unpleasant;
disagreeable; displeasing; offensive. --
Un`ac*cept"a*ble*ness, n. -- Un`ac*cept"a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Words and phrases related to 'Unacceptable'