Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not adequate to give satisfaction; "the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
- not acceptable; not welcome; "a word unacceptable in polite society"; "an unacceptable violation of personal freedom" [ant: acceptable]
- used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence" [syn: impossible, insufferable, unsufferable]
- not conforming to standard usage; "the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'" [syn: unaccepted]
- Unacceptable \Un`ac*cept"a*ble\, a.
Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; unpleasant;
disagreeable; displeasing; offensive. --
Un`ac*cept"a*ble*ness, n. -- Un`ac*cept"a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Words and phrases related to 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Sample Sentences in News
- France's Fabius blasts Palestinian deaths as unacceptable
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius on Tuesday blasted as unacceptable the number of Palestinian casualties as Israel continued its bloody offensive on Gaza. Fabius's comments are a marked change from France's initial stance at the beginning of the conflict, when Israel launched an air offensive on Gaza in response to rockets fired into the Jewish state Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- Iraq says Jordan's hosting of Sunni critics 'unacceptable'
Baghdad on Tuesday said Jordan's hosting of a meeting of Sunni Iraqis opposed to the Shiite-led government was "unacceptable". On Friday Iraq recalled its envoy to Amman without giving a reason, but the move came days after a meeting of some 300 Sunni clerics, tribal leaders, insurgent commanders and businessmen in the Jordanian capital. Delegates de Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- 'Unacceptable delays' in patient's care
"No sense of urgency" in a 67-year-old cancer patient's care are admitted by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board. Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'