Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not adequate to give satisfaction; "the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
- not acceptable; not welcome; "a word unacceptable in polite society"; "an unacceptable violation of personal freedom" [ant: acceptable]
- used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence" [syn: impossible, insufferable, unsufferable]
- not conforming to standard usage; "the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'" [syn: unaccepted]
- Unacceptable \Un`ac*cept"a*ble\, a.
Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; unpleasant;
disagreeable; displeasing; offensive. --
Un`ac*cept"a*ble*ness, n. -- Un`ac*cept"a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Words and phrases related to 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Sample Sentences in News
- Santander Critique of Brazil Economy Unacceptable, Rousseff Says
President Dilma Rousseff said it was unacceptable for Banco Santander Brasil SA to write that Brazil’s economy would deteriorate if her chances of being re- elected stabilized or improved. Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- White House: shelling of U.N. facility by Israelis 'totally unacceptable'
The shelling of a U.N. facility in Gaza this week by the Israeli military is "totally unacceptable and totally indefensible" and Israel needs to do more to protect innocent civilians, a White House spokesman said on Thursday. Israel talks frequently about the importance it places on sparing civilian lives but the United States believes its government and Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- White House: UN School Shelling 'Unacceptable' and 'Indefensible'
In its strongest statement yet, the White House today said thereâ€™s little doubt that Israeli artillery hit a U.N. school in Gaza Wednesday and called the deadly strike â€œtotally unacceptable and totally indefensible.â€? Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'