Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- not adequate to give satisfaction; "the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
- not acceptable; not welcome; "a word unacceptable in polite society"; "an unacceptable violation of personal freedom" [ant: acceptable]
- used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence" [syn: impossible, insufferable, unsufferable]
- not conforming to standard usage; "the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'" [syn: unaccepted]
- Unacceptable \Un`ac*cept"a*ble\, a.
Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; unpleasant;
disagreeable; displeasing; offensive. --
Un`ac*cept"a*ble*ness, n. -- Un`ac*cept"a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Unacceptable'
Words and phrases related to 'Unacceptable'
Unacceptable Sample Sentences in News
- France sees 'unacceptable intervention' by Russian troops in Ukraine
PARIS (Reuters) - French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Friday France had evidence of "unacceptable" intervention by Russian troops in eastern Ukraine. Fabius, speaking to French TV station France 24, also said that EU sanctions against Russia would probably be reinforced if Russia does not quickly change its behavior. "When one country sen Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- Mackay sorry for 'unacceptable' texts
Malky Mackay apologised Friday for "unacceptable" text messages sent while he was Cardiff boss after his former club called on the chief executive of England's League Managers' Association, Richard Bevan, to resign over his handling of the affair. The LMA spoke on behalf of Mackay on Thursday after the 42-year-old Scot and his right-hand man Iain Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'
- Russia moves will boost NATO leaders' resolve at summit: Canada
Russia's "unacceptable, irresponsible and absolutely reckless" moves in Ukraine will strengthen the resolve of NATO leaders when they meet for a summit next week, Canada said on Thursday. Ukraine's president, Petro Poroshenko, said Russian troops had entered his country in support of pro-Moscow rebels who captured a key coastal town, sharply esca Read more on this news related to 'Unacceptable'