Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
- thrown away; "wearing someone's cast-off clothes"; "throwaway children living on the streets"; "salvaged some thrown-away furniture" [syn: cast-off(a), discarded, throwaway(a), thrown-away(a)]
- intended to be thrown away after use; "throwaway diapers" [syn: throwaway(p)] n
- a homeless child who has been abandoned and roams the streets [syn: street arab, gamin]
- an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers" [syn: circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer]
- words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
This is an episode list for the FX crime drama The Shield. Dates shown are original air dates. The series began on March 12, 2002 and ended November 25, 2008.
A total of 88 episodes of The Shield were aired. One additional "mini-episode"–Wins and Losses–running 15 minutes was filmed as promotion for the sixth season. Originally placed on the internet, it was also included on the season 5 DVD box set.
Season 2 includes the introduction of a smart, tough, Mexican criminal called "Armadillo." It also includes the beginning of the "Money Train" storyline.[See more about Throwaway at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Throwaway'
Throwaway Sample Sentences in News
- 'Do you think people trust Chandrababu Naidu?'
'People know what Naidu is. I want to know if he will come clean on his various scams... He has given away land at throwaway prices to his stooges. How can he call my son corrupt?' Vijayamma, who has changed the game in Vishakhapatanam, tells Rediff.com's Vicky Nanjappa why her son Jaganmohan Reddy will be Seema-Andhra's first chief minister. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- Soon, cheap computers and 'throwaway' cell phones
Washington, April 18 (IANS) Inexpensive computers, cell phones and other systems that substitute flexible plastic for silicon chips may be one step closer to reality. A proposal by University of Iowa researchers describes a way for overcoming a major obstacle to the development of such plastic devices - the large amount of energy required to read stored informatio Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- Cheltenham Tory's Throwaway Rape Remark Causes Outrage
A Conservative councillor in Cheltenham has caused outraged by saying: "When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it". Barbara Driver, 77, made the statement during a council meeting. She was trying to describe how planners are powerless to control a housing development. Driver, who led a report looking at sexual exploitation last year, apologised for Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'