Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
- thrown away; "wearing someone's cast-off clothes"; "throwaway children living on the streets"; "salvaged some thrown-away furniture" [syn: cast-off(a), discarded, throwaway(a), thrown-away(a)]
- intended to be thrown away after use; "throwaway diapers" [syn: throwaway(p)] n
- a homeless child who has been abandoned and roams the streets [syn: street arab, gamin]
- an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers" [syn: circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer]
- words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Throwaway'
This is an episode list for the FX crime drama The Shield. Dates shown are original air dates. The series began on March 12, 2002 and ended November 25, 2008.
A total of 88 episodes of The Shield were aired. One additional "mini-episode"–Wins and Losses–running 15 minutes was filmed as promotion for the sixth season. Originally placed on the internet, it was also included on the season 5 DVD box set.
Season 2 includes the introduction of a smart, tough, Mexican criminal called "Armadillo." It also includes the beginning of the "Money Train" storyline.[See more about Throwaway at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Throwaway'
Throwaway Sample Sentences in News
- Morris: Throwaway dog was a treasure
Someone didn't want a dog so they turned him loose in the park. Lucky for him, he found someone who appreciated him. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- Throwaway line sparks racing split
FORMER jockey Allan Robinson has emerged as the mystery man who contacted John Singleton on the day of More Joyous' All Aged Stakes flop. Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'
- Abandoned Horses Helping Kids, Adults Facing Challenges
Throwaway Ponies is a non-profit organization in Rockwall helping horses, while helping children with emotional and physical problems. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News Read more on this news related to 'Throwaway'