Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Thoughtful'
- having intellectual depth; "a deeply thoughtful essay"
- exhibiting or characterized by careful thought; "a thoughtful paper" [ant: thoughtless]
- acting with or showing thought and good sense; "a sensible young man" [syn: sensible]
- taking heed; giving close and thoughtful attention; "heedful of the warnings"; "so heedful a writer"; "heedful of what they were doing" [syn: heedful, attentive] [ant: heedless]
- showing consideration and anticipation of needs; "it was thoughtful of you to bring flowers"; "a neighbor showed thoughtful attention" [syn: kind]
- Thoughtful \Thought"ful\, a.
- Full of thought; employed in meditation; contemplative; as, a man of thoughtful mind. War, horrid war, your thoughtful walks invades. --Pope.
- Attentive; careful; exercising the judgment; having the mind directed to an object; as, thoughtful of gain; thoughtful in seeking truth. --Glanvill.
- Anxious; solicitous; concerned. Around her crowd distrust, and doubt, and fear, And thoughtful foresight, and tormenting care. --Prior. Syn: Considerate; deliberate; contemplative; attentive; careful; wary; circumspect; reflective; discreet. Usage: Thoughtful, Considerate. He who is habitually thoughtful rarely neglects his duty or his true interest; he who is considerate pauses to reflect and guard himself against error. One who is not thoughtful by nature, if he can be made considerate, will usually be guarded against serious mistakes. ``He who is thoughtful does not forget his duty; he who is considerate pauses, and considers properly what is his duty. It is a recommendation to a subordinate person to be thoughtful in doing what is wished of him; it is the recommendation of a confidential person to be considerate, as he has often to judge according to his own discretion. --Crabb. -- Thought"ful*ly, adv. -- Thought"ful*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Thoughtful'
Brain regions Clinical neuropsychology Cognitive neuroscience Dissociation Human brain Misconceptions Neuroanatomy Neurophysiology Optogenetics
Decision making Executive functions Natural language Learning Memory Motor coordination Sensory perception
António Damásio Phineas Gage Norman Geschwind Elkhonon Goldberg Patricia Goldman Rakic Pasko Rakic Donald O. Hebb Kenneth Heilman Edith Kaplan Muriel Lezak Benjamin Libet Rodolfo Llinás Alexander Luria Brenda Milner Karl H. Pribram Oliver Sacks Mark Rosenzweig Roger W. Sperry
Benton Visual Retention Test Clinical Dementia Rating Continuous Performance Task Glasgow Coma Scale Hayling and Brixton tests Johari window Lexical decision task Mini-mental state examination Stroop effect Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale[See more about Thoughtful at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Thoughtful'
'Thoughtful' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Thoughtful'
Thoughtful Sample Sentences in News
- Review: Eli Young Band Delivers Thoughtful Album
Music Review: Eli Young Band delivers thoughtful album that largely ignores Nashville formula Read more on this news related to 'Thoughtful'
- Editorial: Thoughtful deliberation is taking place in parents' school-choice decisions
A lot of parents who do not live in the six suburban cities that have formed their own school districts, but whose children are enrolled in schools there, are sitting on pins and needles right now, wondering if their children will be able to attend those schools when the new school year begins. Read more on this news related to 'Thoughtful'
- Thoughtful Presence Promotes Natural Spa Gift Baskets for Spring Season
Chicago based custom gift basket company, Thoughtful Presence, is promoting its unique collection of natural spa gift baskets with a special offer for the spring gift giving season. (PRWeb February 26, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/gift_baskets/spa_gift_baskets/prweb11618393.htm Read more on this news related to 'Thoughtful'