Tart Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
- a small open pie with a fruit filling
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
- tasting sour like a lemon
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money ,
- a small open pie with a fruit filling ,
- a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tart'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tart'
- Tart: Butter tart Custard tart Gypsy tart List of desserts List of pies, tarts and flans Manchester tart Neenish tart Norman Tart Pop tart Treacle tart Davidson:
- Tart (disambiguation): A tart is a pastry dish, usually sweet in flavor, with an open top. Tart may also mean: Tart, a sharp, sour, or acidic flavor Slang for a prostitute
- Bakewell tart: Bakewell Tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell beneath layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of flaked almonds. The tart originated
- Treacle tart: Treacle tart is a traditional British dessert. It is prepared using shortcrust pastry, with a thick filling made of golden syrup, also known as light
- Manchester tart: Manchester tart is a traditional English baked tart consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell, spread with raspberry jam, covered with a custard filling
- Pineapple tart: Pineapple tarts or nanas tart refers to small, bite-size pastries filled with or topped with pineapple jam found in different parts of Asia. In South
- Tart 'n' Tinys: The original Tart 'n' Tinys were small, fruit-flavored candies distributed by Nestlé USA under the Wonka brand. Tart 'n' Tiny's came in five colors, bluish-purple
- Clos de Tart: Clos de Tart is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) and Grand Cru vineyard for red wine in the Côte de Nuits subregion of Burgundy, with Pinot noir
Words and phrases related to 'Tart'