Tart Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
- a small open pie with a fruit filling
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
- tasting sour like a lemon
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money ,
- a small open pie with a fruit filling ,
- a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tart'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tart'
- Tart: A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pastry base with an open top not covered with pastry. though modern tarts are usually ...
- Tart (disambiguation): Tart may mean: Tart , a pastry dish, usually sweet in flavor, with an open top. Tart card , cards found in phone booths that advertise the ...
- Tart (film): Tart is a 2001 coming of age film starring Dominique Swain , Bijou Phillips , and Brad Renfro Plot: Cat Storm (Dominique Swain ) is a ...
- Pop-Tarts: Pop-Tarts is a brand of rectangular, pre-baked toaster pastries made by the Kellogg Company . Pop-Tarts have a sugary filling sealed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Tart'
Tart Sample Sentences in News
- Savory Potato Tart
We all love a rich, creamy French potato gratin, but for a special occasion, or just for fun, make this version, which is encased in buttery flaky pastry so the gratin becomes a savory tart Serve a small slice alongside roasted meats, or a larger portion for a vegetarian lunch, accompanied by a green salad If you want to make it a few hours ahead, or even a day be Read more on this news related to 'Tart'
- Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Lowers Blood Uric Acid Levels And Also A Marker For Inflammation
Provided by Mary Wendel, Weber Shandwick Worldwide Tart cherries have long been researched for their association with pain relief – ranging from gout and arthritis joint pain to exercise-related muscle pain. A new study published in the Journal of Functional Foods is the first to report consumption of Montmorency tart cherries caused changes in uric acid metabol Read more on this news related to 'Tart'
- Jack Monroes pear and almond tart recipe
These individual fruit tarts can be adapted to use whatever fruit is in season, and the basic shortcrust pastry will stand you in good stead for life This simple fruit tart is based on one that I learned 13 years ago in my high-school home economics classes its the first recipe I can remember being proud of. It didnt make it home, one of the pitfalls of having foo Read more on this news related to 'Tart'