Tart Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
- a small open pie with a fruit filling
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
- tasting sour like a lemon
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money ,
- a small open pie with a fruit filling ,
- a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tart'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tart'
- Tart: Butter tart Custard tart Gypsy tart List of baked goods List of desserts List of pies, tarts and flans Manchester tart Neenish tart Norman Tart Pop tart Treacle
- Tart (disambiguation): A tart is a pastry dish, usually sweet in flavor, with an open top. Tart may also mean: Tart, a sharp, sour, or acidic flavor Slang for a prostitute
- Bakewell tart: See also: Bakewell pudding A Bakewell tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell beneath layers of jam, frangipane
- Pineapple tart: Pineapple tarts or nanas tart refers to small, bite-size pastries filled with or topped with pineapple jam found in different parts of Asia. In South
- Manchester tart: Manchester tart is a traditional English baked tart consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell, spread with raspberry jam, covered with a custard filling
- Clos de Tart: Clos de Tart is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) and Grand Cru vineyard for red wine in the Côte de Nuits subregion of Burgundy, with Pinot noir
- Tart 'n' Tinys: The original Tart 'n' Tinys were small, fruit-flavored candies distributed by Nestlé USA under the Wonka brand. Tart 'n' Tiny's came in five colors, bluish-purple
- Pop-Tarts: "Pop Tart" redirects here. For the album by Little Nobody, see Pop Tart (album). Pop-Tarts is a brand of rectangular, pre-baked, convenience food toaster
Words and phrases related to 'Tart'