Tart Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
- a small open pie with a fruit filling
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
- tasting sour like a lemon
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money ,
- a small open pie with a fruit filling ,
- a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tart'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tart'
- Tart: Butter tart Custard tart Gypsy tart List of desserts List of pies, tarts and flans Manchester tart Neenish tart Norman Tart Pop tart Treacle tart Davidson:
- Tart (disambiguation): Tart may mean: Tart, a pastry dish, usually sweet in flavor, with an open top Tart card, cards found in phone booths that advertise the services of call
- Bakewell tart: Bakewell Tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry with a layer of jam and a sponge using ground almonds. The Bakewell Tart is distinct
- Gypsy tart: A gypsy tart is a type of tart made with evaporated milk, muscovado sugar (though some varieties include light brown sugar), and pastry. It originates
- Pineapple tart: Pineapple tarts refers to small, bite-size pastries filled with or topped with pineapple jam found in different parts of Asia. In South East Asia exists
- Clos de Tart: Clos de Tart is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) and Grand Cru vineyard for red wine in the Côte de Nuits subregion of Burgundy, with Pinot noir
- Manchester tart: Manchester tart is a traditional English baked tart consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell, spread with raspberry jam, covered with a custard filling
- Treacle tart: Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert. It is prepared using shortcrust pastry, with a thick filling made of golden syrup, also known as light treacle
- Tart 'n' Tinys: Tart 'n' Tinys were small, fruit-flavored candies distributed by Nestlé USA under the Wonka brand. Tart 'n' Tiny's came in five colors, bluish-purple
Words and phrases related to 'Tart'
Tart Sample Sentences in News
- Nigel Slater’s savoury pie recipes
Layers of soft and creamy filling balanced with crisp and crumbly pastry make these tarts a wonderful weekend supper There are days when all you want on your plate is softness and gentle flavours. A bowl of porridge, perhaps; a risotto whose grains are bound by homemade chicken stock; soporific macaroni cheese bubbling in its dish. Other days you crave crispness: Read more on this news related to 'Tart'
- There's More to Spring’s Tart Rhubarb Than Just Desserts
Rhubarb seems to be a polarizing taste. You either love its tart bite and the way it makes you pucker your mouth—or you hate it. Read more on this news related to 'Tart'
- Milk and Milo tart
Give a classic chocolate tart an Aussie Milo twist. Read more on this news related to 'Tart'