Tart Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
- a small open pie with a fruit filling
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
- tasting sour like a lemon
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money ,
- a small open pie with a fruit filling ,
- a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Tart'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Tart'
- Tart: Butter tart Custard tart Gypsy tart List of baked goods List of desserts List of pies, tarts and flans Manchester tart Neenish tart Norman Tart Pop tart Treacle
- Tart (disambiguation): A tart is a pastry dish, usually sweet in flavor, with an open top. Tart may also mean: Tart, a sharp, sour, or acidic flavor Slang for a prostitute
- Tart Tart: "Tart Tart" is a 1987 single by the Madchester band Happy Mondays. It was the first single to be released from their album Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four
- Bakewell tart: See also: Bakewell pudding A Bakewell tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell beneath layers of jam, frangipane
- Butter tart: butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts. The tart consists
- The Tart: The Tart was a free London-based satirical newspaper, and later an online webzine. The precursor of The Tart was a Bristol University newspaper edited
- Custard tart: Not to be confused with Custard pie. Custard tarts or flans pâtissier are a pastry consisting of an outer pastry crust filled with egg custard and baked
- Pop-Tarts: "Pop Tart" redirects here. For the album by Little Nobody, see Pop Tart (album). Pop-Tarts is a brand of rectangular, pre-baked, convenience food toaster
- Egg tart: This article is about egg tarts in Chinese cuisine. For custard tarts in general, see custard tart. The egg tart (commonly romanized as daahn tāat (Cantonese
- Gypsy tart: A gypsy tart is a type of tart made with evaporated milk, muscovado sugar (though some varieties include light brown sugar), and pastry. It originates
Words and phrases related to 'Tart'