Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Synchronize'
- make synchronous and adjust in time or manner; "Let's synchronize our efforts" [syn: synchronise, sync] [ant: desynchronize, desynchronize]
- happen at the same time [syn: synchronise, contemporize, contemporise]
- make (motion picture sound) exactly simultaneous with the action; "synchronize this film" [syn: synchronise]
- arrange or represent events so that they co-occur; "synchronize biblical events" [syn: synchronise, contemporize, contemporise]
- operate simultaneously; "The clocks synchronize" [syn: synchronise]
- cause to indicate the same time or rate; "synchronize your watches" [syn: synchronise]
- Synchronize \Syn"chro*nize\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Synchronized;
p. pr. & vb. n. Synchronizing.] [Gr. ?.]
To agree in time; to be simultaneous.
The path of this great empire, through its arch of
progress, synchronized with that of Christianity. --De
- Synchronize \Syn"chro*nize\, v. t.
- To assign to the same date or period of time; as, to synchronize two events of Greek and Roman history. ``Josephus synchronizes Nisan with the Egyptian Pharmus.'' --W. L. Bevan.
- To cause to agree in time; as, to synchronize the movements of different machines; to synchronize clocks.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Synchronize'
Synchronization is timekeeping which requires the coordination of events to operate a system in unison. The familiar conductor of an orchestra serves to keep the orchestra in time. Systems operating with all their parts in synchrony are said to be synchronous or in sync. Some systems may be only approximately synchronized, or plesiochronous. For some applications relative offsets between events need to be determined, for others only the order of the event is important.
Today, synchronization can occur on a global basis due to GPS-enabled timekeeping systems.
Apart from its use for navigation (see John Harrison), synchronization was not important in transportation until the nineteenth century, when the coming of the railways made travel fast enough for the differences in local time between adjacent towns to be noticeable (see ).[See more about Synchronize at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Synchronize'
Synchronize Sample Sentences in News
- Movies synchronize brains
( Aalto University ) When we watch a movie, our brains react to it immediately in a way similar to brains of other people. Researchers at Aalto University in Finland have succeeded in developing a method fast enough to observe immediate changes in the function of the brain even when watching a movie. Read more on this news related to 'Synchronize'
- Bravura Software Announces Version 2 of Easy Computer Sync, Which Allows Users to Easily Transfer Data to a New Computer
Bravura Software today announced the version 2 release of Easy Computer Sync, a software program that allows users to quickly and easily transfer or synchronize data between comput Read more on this news related to 'Synchronize'
- Rental of Automatic Synchronize Generators
Get Over 40 Email Bulletins on MENA Countries & Sectors. Track the Latest News, Research or Analysis with My Zawya. Access Time-Saving Tools & Productivity Enhancing Services. Read more on this news related to 'Synchronize'