Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Stroller'
- someone who walks at a leisurely pace [syn: saunterer, ambler]
- a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is pushed around [syn: baby buggy, baby carriage, carriage, perambulator, pram, go-cart, pushchair, pusher]
- Stroller \Stroll"er\, n.
One who strolls; a vagrant.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stroller'
Baby transport (or child carrier, stroller, perambulator, pram, or baby carrier) consists of devices for transporting and carrying infants. A "child carrier" or "baby carrier" is a device used to carry an infant or small child on the body of an adult. Such on-the-body carriers are designed in various forms such as baby slings, backpack carriers, and soft front or hip carriers, with varying materials and degrees of rigidity, decoration, support and confinement of the child.
A "baby carriage" (in North American English), "pram" (in British English) or "carrycot" is generally used for newborn babies and have the infant lying down facing the pusher.
A "stroller" (North American English) or "push chair" or "buggy" (British English) has the child (generally up to three years old) in a sitting position, usually facing forwards, instead of facing the pusher.[See more about Stroller at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Stroller'
Stroller Sample Sentences in News
- 'Stroller Tours' roll into Utah Museum of Contemporary Art
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art has introduced monthly "Stroller Tours," which allow young families to visit the museum... Read more on this news related to 'Stroller'
- Amazing: Truck drags stroller 100 feet, baby inside uninjured
A mom was pushing her 4-month-old daughter in a stroller down an icy street in Lawrence, Massachusetts when all of a sudden a truck came in contact with the stroller, catching and dragging it approximately 100 feet. Read more on this news related to 'Stroller'
- New BRITAX Affinity Stroller Combines Top Fashion with Superior Function
New BRITAX Affinity Stroller Combines Top Fashion with Superior Function Read more on this news related to 'Stroller'