Stimulate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn''t stimulate"
- act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- provide the needed stimulus for
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stimulate'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stimulate'
- Stimulated emission: In normal media at thermal equilibrium, absorption exceeds stimulated emission because there are more electrons in the lower energy states ...
Words and phrases related to 'Stimulate'