Stimulate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn''t stimulate"
- act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- provide the needed stimulus for
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stimulate'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stimulate'
- Stimulated emission: In normal media at thermal equilibrium, absorption exceeds stimulated emission because there are more electrons in the lower energy states ...
Words and phrases related to 'Stimulate'
Stimulate Sample Sentences in News
- Why Stimulate? Rising Chinese Incomes Are Defying GDP Slowdown
China’s economy is slowing. Yet for the person on the street, incomes are rising, jobs are secure and inflation is restrained, helping explain the government’s restraint in eschewing broad-based stimulus. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- Lower Down Payments Could Stimulate Homebuilders ETFs
The Federal National Mortgage Association (OTCBB: FNMA) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (OTCBB: FMCC) are in talks over issuing home loans with as little as 3% down, potentially enticing would-be ... Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- Multisensory Snoezelen room soothes Ellis nursing home residents
Walpole offered Urbanczyk some options intended to gently stimulate her senses in the nursing home's dimly lit multisensory environment called the Snoezelen room. The dark-gray space with a blackened window serves as a blank slate on which to lay a variety of visual stimulation, including bubble tubes, a colored disco ball and a projector that fills the room w Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'