Stimulate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn''t stimulate"
- act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- provide the needed stimulus for
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stimulate'?
Words and phrases related to 'Stimulate'
Stimulate Sample Sentences in News
- Industrial IoT could stimulate global economy
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) could stimulate $14.2 trillion in GDP worldwide by 2030, even at a time of uncertain economic growth, according to new research by Accenture. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- Panel: How can we stimulate middle class wages?
The Closing Bell panel discusses how to stimulate middle class wages with guests. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- EU, Japan QE could boost Thai exports
Despite many countries launching quantitative-easing (QE) measures to stimulate their economies, the uncertain global recovery and the consequent fluctuations in exchange rates remain major negative factors that could hold back Thai exports this year, for which the Commerce Ministry has projected 4-per-cent expansion. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'