Stimulate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn''t stimulate"
- act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- provide the needed stimulus for
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stimulate'?
Words and phrases related to 'Stimulate'
Stimulate Sample Sentences in News
- Stimulate The Senses of Smell and Sight To Quit Single Life
Spring is the season when everything comes alive. People ... Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- What Would Stimulate The Economy More? Tax Cuts Or Spending Reductions?
Income taxes and government spending both reduce economic growth, but which should we reduce first? Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- On 'QE' day, ECB launches new anti-deflation weapon
The European Central Bank on Monday set out on its massive bond purchase programme, its most audacious scheme yet to ward off deflation and stimulate growth in the single currency area. The ECB's scheme, known as quantitative easing or QE, is not new, and has already been used by the US Federal Reserve and the Bank of England to stimulate their economies. The Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'