Stimulate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn''t stimulate"
- act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- provide the needed stimulus for
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Stimulate'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Stimulate'
- Stimulated emission: In normal media at thermal equilibrium, absorption exceeds stimulated emission because there are more electrons in the lower energy states ...
Words and phrases related to 'Stimulate'
Stimulate Sample Sentences in News
- Fed ends 6-year effort to stimulate economy
The Fed believes the economy is strong enough to stop the bond buying crutch. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- NASA seeks new technology for space exploration
Washington, Oct 30 (IANS) In an effort to stimulate deep space capability development across the aerospace industry, NASA has sought proposals for technology development projects. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'
- Study set for brain stimulation device to help restore memory
A scientist works with the Pentagon to stimulate parts of the brain that have been damaged. Read more on this news related to 'Stimulate'