Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spine'
Spine Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back" [syn: spinal column, vertebral column, backbone, back, rachis]
- any pointed projection [syn: spur]
- a sharp-pointed tip on a stem or leaf [syn: thorn, prickle, pricker, sticker]
- a sharp rigid animal process or appendage; as a porcupine quill or a ridge on a bone or a ray of a fish fin
- Spine \Spine\, n. [L. spina thorn, the spine; akin to spica a
point: cf. OF. espine, F. ['e]pine. Cf. Spike, Spinet a
musical instrument, Spinny.]
- (Bot.) A sharp appendage to any of a plant; a thorn.
- (Zo["o]l.) (a) A rigid and sharp projection upon any part of an animal. (b) One of the rigid and undivided fin rays of a fish.
- (Anat.) The backbone, or spinal column, of an animal; -- so called from the projecting processes upon the vertebr[ae].
- Anything resembling the spine or backbone; a ridge.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spine'
- Spine: Spine or Spinal may refer to: Science Medicine : Vertebral column , commonly known as the backbone or spine, so named for its spinous ...
- Thorns, spines, and prickles: In botanical morphology , thorns, spines, and prickles are hard structures with sharp, or at least pointed, ends. In spite of this common ...
- Spine (zoology): A spine is a hard, thorny or needle-like structure which occurs on various animals. and sea urchin s grow spines as a self-defense mechanism. ...
- Dendritic spine: A dendritic spine (or spine) is a small membranous protrusion from a neuron's dendrite that typically receives input from a single synapse ...
Words and phrases related to 'Spine'
Spine Sample Sentences in News
- Aurora Spine Corporation : AURORA SPINE RECEIVES FDA 510(k) CLEARANCE FOR ADDITIONAL SIZES OF STERILE-PACKED ZIP ULTRA ...
Carlsbad, California, April 24, 2014 /Marketwired/ - Aurora Spine Corporation (TSXV:ASG) announced today that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for additional sizes ... Read more on this news related to 'Spine'
- Spine Surgeon Dr. Richard Francis Training Doctors in Robotic Assisted Spine Surgery Labs
Spine Associates Houston Spine Surgeon Dr. Richard Francis trains doctors in Robotic Assisted Spine Surgery Procedures using the Mazor Robotics Renaissance Guidance System at Westside Surgical Hospital ... Read more on this news related to 'Spine'
- Aurora Spine Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Additional Sizes of Sterile-Packed ZIP ULTRA(TM) and the New ZIP(TM ...
Aurora Spine Corporation announced today that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510 clearance for additional sizes of the company's sterile-packed ZIP ULTRA Minimally Invasive Interspinous ... Read more on this news related to 'Spine'