Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Specialization'
Specialization Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of specializing; making something suitable for a special purpose [syn: specialisation]
- the special line of work you have adopted as your career; "his specialization is gastroenterology" [syn: specialisation, specialty, speciality, specialism]
- (biology) the structural adaptation of some body part for a particular function; "cell differentiation in the developing embryo" [syn: specialisation, differentiation]
- Specialization \Spe`cial*i*za"tion\, n.
- The act of specializing, or the state of being spezialized.
- (Biol.) The setting apart of a particular organ for the performance of a particular function. --Darwin.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Specialization'
- Specialization: Specialization or Specialized may refer to: ... Partial template specialization , a particular form of class template specialization ...
- Specialization (functional): Specialization is the separation of tasks within a system. ... In both cases, specialization enables the accomplishment of otherwise ...
- Academic specialization: In academia , specialization may be a course of study or major at an academic institution or may refer to the field that a specialist ...
Words and phrases related to 'Specialization'