Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scribble'
Scribble Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- poor handwriting [syn: scratch, scrawl, cacography]
- an aimless drawing [syn: scrabble, doodle] v
- write down quickly without much attention to detail [syn: scrabble]
- write carelessly [syn: scrawl]
- Scribble \Scrib"ble\, v. t. [Cf. Scrabble.] (Woolen Manuf.)
To card coarsely; to run through the scribbling machine.
- Scribble \Scrib"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scribbled (-b'ld);
p. pr. & vb. n. Scribbling (-bl[i^]ng).] [From Scribe.]
- To write hastily or carelessly, without regard to correctness or elegance; as, to scribble a letter.
- To fill or cover with careless or worthless writing.
- Scribble \Scrib"ble\, v. i.
To write without care, elegance, or value; to scrawl.
If M[ae]vius scribble in Apollo's spite. --Pope.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scribble'
- Scribble: A scribble is a drawing composed of random and abstract lines, generally without ever lifting the drawing device off of the paper. ...
- Scribble (song): "Scribble" is a song by electronic group Underworld . It was released as the first single from their album Barking . The track, co- ...
- Scribble Jam: Scribble Jam was an annual hip hop music festival hosted in Cincinnati, Ohio . founders of graffiti magazine Scribble, and DJ Mr Dibbs ...
- Scribble-tailed Canastero: The Scribble-tailed Canastero (Asthenes maculicauda) is a species of bird in the Furnariidae family. It is found in Argentina , Bolivia , ...
- Scribble Mural Comic Journal: Scribble Mural Comic Journal is the first full-length album from A Sunny Day in Glasgow , released on compact disc format on February 13, ...
- Script and Scribble: The Rise and Fall of Handwriting: Script and Scribble: The Rise and Fall of Handwriting is a book by author Kitty Burns Florey that discusses the history of penmanship and ...
- Scribblenauts: com/blogs/little-big-scribble | title Little Big Scribble | date 2009-10-06 | accessdate 2009-10-07 | work Edge . url http://g4tv. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Scribble'
Scribble Sample Sentences in News
- Scribble Technologies Inc. Continues International Growth; Expands UK Operations
New office and expanded team in London will enable further growth and penetration in Europe’s sports, corporate, and media sectors. (PRWeb February 25, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11612961.htm Read more on this news related to 'Scribble'
- Latina moms educate own
CHICAGO –– The pen scribble marks on a light blue folder could have been drawn by a 1-year-old, although the girl who made them was 3. And yet, to a group of women from her neighborhood who admiringly passed the folder around a room, the scribbles represented a victory. Read more on this news related to 'Scribble'
- In new Boston office, IdeaPaint finally looks like one of its own clients
IdeaPaint products are popular among businesses with collaborative work environments — you know, the kinds of places where people hold meetings on sofas and scribble the fruits of their brainstorming sessions on the nearest wall. Finally, the 12-year-old company looks like one of its own clients. Read more on this news related to 'Scribble'