Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scoundrel'
Scoundrel Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a wicked or evil person; someone who does evil deliberately
- Scoundrel \Scoun"drel\, n. [Probably from Prov. E. & Scotch
scunner, scouner, to loathe, to disgust, akin to AS. scunian
to shun. See Shun.]
A mean, worthless fellow; a rascal; a villain; a man without
honor or virtue.
Go, if your ancient, but ignoble blood Has crept
through scoundrels ever since the flood. --Pope.
- Scoundrel \Scoun"drel\, a.
Low; base; mean; unprincipled.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scoundrel'
- Scoundrel Days: Scoundrel Days is the second full-length album by the rock band a-ha . It was released on 6 October 1986 through Warner Bros. Records . ...
- The Scoundrel: The Scoundrel (1935 ) is a drama film directed by Ben Hecht and Charles MacArthur , and starring Noel Coward , Julie Haydon , Stanley ...
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (musical): Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a Broadway musical , with music and lyrics by David Yazbek and a book by Jeffrey Lane ; it is based on the ...
- School for Scoundrels: School for Scoundrels may refer to: School for Scoundrels, a 1934 crime novel by Axel Bracey. School for Scoundrels (1960 film), a 1960 ...
- Scoundrels (TV series): Scoundrels is an American television series that aired on the ABC network. It is based on the New Zealand TV series Outrageous Fortune ...
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels may refer to: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (film), 1988 film starring Steve Martin and Michael Caine. Scoundrels (musical) ...
- Scoundrels: Scoundrels may refer to: Scoundrels (TV series), a 2010 comedy-drama television series for the ABC network. Scoundrels (Law & Order episode) ...
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (film): Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a 1988 American comedy film directed by Frank Oz . The screenplay by Dale Launer , Stanley Shapiro , and Paul ...
- The Scoundrel's Wife: The Scoundrel's Wife (US video title: The Home Front) is a 2002 romantic drama film directed by Glen Pitre , who co-wrote screenplay with ...
- School for Scoundrels (2006 film): School for Scoundrels is a 2006 comedy-drama film, starring Billy Bob Thornton and Jon Heder , and directed by Todd Phillips . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Scoundrel'
Scoundrel Sample Sentences in News
- WATCH: Jay Leno Spoofs Taylor Swift's '22' Music Video
Jay Leno wants you to know that that scoundrel Taylor Swift copied his music video. Actually, that didn't happen at all, but the late night host did spoof her "22" music video with an amazing clip for his tune "63." It includes lots of dancing old people, Activia yogurt, and Boniva references. It's awesome and Taylor thinks so too. She tweeted: "The heart shaped g Read more on this news related to 'Scoundrel'
- Enforcing tradition
In the dubious spirit of protecting “tradition” – like “patriotism”, often the refuge of the scoundrel – Russia’s lower house, the Duma , on Tuesday unanimously backed laws that threaten up to three years jail for blasphemy and ban the promotion of homosexuality in the press, TV, radio and the Internet. Read more on this news related to 'Scoundrel'
- Letters: Taxing dilemma for offshore profits
In much the same way as Samuel Johnson stated that patriotism is the last refugee of the scoundrel, I think we can safely say fiduciary responsibility is the last refugee of a business leader on the ropes ( Change the law and we'd pay more tax, says Google chief , 27 May). With 30 years of experience campaigning against many of the worst aspects of company behavio Read more on this news related to 'Scoundrel'