Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scintillate'
Scintillate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- give off; "the substance scintillated sparks and flashes"
- reflect brightly; "Unquarried marble sparkled on the hillside" [syn: sparkle, coruscate]
- emit or reflect light in a flickering manner; "Does a constellation twinkle more brightly than a single star?" [syn: twinkle, winkle]
- physics: fluoresce momentarily when struck by a charged particle or high-energy photon; "the phosphor fluoresced"
- be lively or brilliant or exhibit virtuosity; "The musical performance sparkled"; "A scintillating conversation"; "his playing coruscated throught the concert hall" [syn: sparkle, coruscate]
- Scintillate \Scin"til*late\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Scintillated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Scintillating.] [L. scintillare,
scintillatum, from scintilla a spark. Cf. Stencil.]
- To emit sparks, or fine igneous particles. As the electrical globe only scintillates when rubbed against its cushion. --Sir W. Scott.
- To sparkle, as the fixed stars.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scintillate'
Words and phrases related to 'Scintillate'
Scintillate Sample Sentences in News
- Shilpa Shetty-Harman Baweja sizzle up one-lakh bulb set of DISHKIYAOON!
Shilpa Shetty-Kundra is gearing up to scintillate and scorch in what she does best. The co-producer of DISHKIYAOON is all set to sizzle in an 'item number', that is. And in keeping with the strategy of dangling the 'bait' of a pricey & fancy 'item number' to lure audiences into cinemas, no expenses are being curtailed towards this end. And Read more on this news related to 'Scintillate'