Saturated Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or gray or black
- used especially of organic compounds; having all available valence bonds filled; "saturated fats"
- being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance; "a saturated solution"
- wet through and through; thoroughly wet; "stood at the door drenched (or soaked) by the rain"; "a shirt saturated with perspiration"; "his shoes were sopping (or soaking)"; "the speaker''s sodden collar"; "soppy clothes"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Saturated'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Saturated'
- Saturated fat: A saturated fat is a fat that consists of triglycerides containing only saturated fatty acids. Saturated fatty acids have no double bonds between the individual
- Saturated squeeze: The saturated squeeze is a type of squeeze play in the card game of Bridge. The key feature of the saturated squeeze is that it involves threats in all
- Saturated and unsaturated compounds: See also: Saturation (chemistry) In organic chemistry, a saturated compound is a chemical compound that has a chain of carbon atoms linked together by
- Saturated model: This article is about saturated models in model theory. For saturated models in statistics, see structural equation modeling. In mathematical logic, and
- Saturated calomel electrode: inner solution is saturated with potassium chloride, this activity is fixed by the solubility of potassium chloride. When saturated the redox potential
- Saturated array: likely to interact with any of the other factors, a saturated array can be used. In a saturated array, a controllable factor is substituted for the interaction
Words and phrases related to 'Saturated'
Saturated Sample Sentences in News
- Jane Says: Maybe Butter Isn't 'Back' After All
“I gave up butter long ago, but last year I heard that the saturated fat found in it isn’t harmful, so I’m tempted to start eating it again. For decades, we’ve heard that consumption of the saturated fat found in meat, cheese, and butter is nothing short of deadly. A juicy rib eye alongside a baked potato with butter and sour cream, for example, tend to ea Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'
- Study indicates a healthier way to eat fatty foods
Bake them better: When reaching for high-fat foods, opt for those made with polyunsaturated oils instead of saturated fats like butter. Studies show they may be safer for you heart. Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'
- New PGP programme 'serves up healthier lamb'
Lamb lower in saturated fat could soon be on the menu with the approval of the business case for a new Primary Growth Partnership (PGP) programme between the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), Alliance Group and Headwaters New Zealand. The ‘Targeting New Wealth with High Health’ PGP programme looks to reach existing and emerging markets with a new class of Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'