Saturated Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or gray or black
- used especially of organic compounds; having all available valence bonds filled; "saturated fats"
- being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance; "a saturated solution"
- wet through and through; thoroughly wet; "stood at the door drenched (or soaked) by the rain"; "a shirt saturated with perspiration"; "his shoes were sopping (or soaking)"; "the speaker''s sodden collar"; "soppy clothes"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Saturated'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Saturated'
- Saturated fat: A saturated fat is a fat that consists of triglyceride s containing only saturated fatty acid s. Saturated fatty acids have no double ...
- Saturated and unsaturated compounds: In organic chemistry , a saturated compound is a chemical compound that has a chain of carbon atom s linked together by single bond s and ...
- Saturated model: In mathematical logic , and particularly in its subfield model theory , a saturated model M is one which realizes as many complete type s ...
Words and phrases related to 'Saturated'