Saturated Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or gray or black
- used especially of organic compounds; having all available valence bonds filled; "saturated fats"
- being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance; "a saturated solution"
- wet through and through; thoroughly wet; "stood at the door drenched (or soaked) by the rain"; "a shirt saturated with perspiration"; "his shoes were sopping (or soaking)"; "the speaker''s sodden collar"; "soppy clothes"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Saturated'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Saturated'
- Saturated fat: A saturated fat is a fat that consists of triglycerides containing only saturated fatty acids. Saturated fatty acids have no double bonds between the individual
- Saturated squeeze: The saturated squeeze is a type of squeeze play in the card game of Bridge. The key feature of the saturated squeeze is that it involves threats in all
- Saturated and unsaturated compounds: See also: Saturation (chemistry) In organic chemistry, a saturated compound is a chemical compound that has a chain of carbon atoms linked together by
- Saturated model: This article is about saturated models in model theory. For saturated models in statistics, see structural equation modeling. In mathematical logic, and
- Saturated calomel electrode: inner solution is saturated with potassium chloride, this activity is fixed by the solubility of potassium chloride. When saturated the redox potential
- Saturated array: likely to interact with any of the other factors, a saturated array can be used. In a saturated array, a controllable factor is substituted for the interaction
Words and phrases related to 'Saturated'
Saturated Sample Sentences in News
- Which Type of Milk Is Healthiest?
If you don't consume a lot of saturated fat in your diet overall, perhaps there's room for it here. Packed with heart-healthy soy, 7 to 8 grams of protein and almost no saturated fat, it can definitely be a smart choice. Rich in calcium and a good source of vitamins D, E and A, almond milk has definitely become more popular in the last couple of years. Sur Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'
- Elizabeth O'Brien's Retire Well: Focus on good fats, good lifestyle to control cholesterol
But those at high risk of heart disease should still reduce saturated fat to no more than 5% to 6% of the total calories consumed. Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'
- After shifting fads, time for a clear-eyed look at fat in our diets
With national headlines touting the message that low-fat diets are out and high-fat diets are in, people who once shunned butter are slathering it on toast, melting it in sautés and even plopping it into their coffee. And though the media has glorified saturated fat, it turns out that... Read more on this news related to 'Saturated'