Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ruination'
- an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction; "you have brought ruin on this entire family" [syn: ruin]
- an event that results in destruction [syn: ruin]
- failure that results in a loss of position or reputation [syn: downfall, ruin]
- destruction achieved by wrecking something [syn: laying waste, ruin, ruining, wrecking]
- Ruination \Ru`in*a"tion\, n. [LL. ruinatio.]
The act of ruining, or the state of being ruined.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ruination'
Ruination is the name of several fictional characters in the various Transformers universes.
Ruination is the combined form of the Decepticon Commandos.
These five Transformers actually began life as Autobots, sent to Earth along with a sixth to lead them in a mission to reactivate the legendary Autobot battle station known as Fortress Maximus. However, their craft malfunctioned and crashed, and the six Autobots were entombed in protoform state, joining Fortress Maximus in slumber until their ship was unearthed by Megatron and his Predacons. Absconding with the Autobot protoforms right under Optimus Prime's nose, Megatron took them to a nearby military base, intending to scan alternate modes for them. Mega-Octane was the first to be reactivated, infused with a portion of Megatron's own spark energy to create the first of a new breed of Transformer that Megatron dubbed the "Decepticons." The other four members of the team followed, and eventually the sixth, Scourge, who took leadership of the team from Mega-Octane with a show of force.[See more about Ruination at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Ruination'