Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Rile'
Rile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves" [syn: annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil]
- make turbid by stirring up the sediments of [syn: roil]
- Rile \Rile\ (r[imac]l), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Riled (r[imac]ld);
p. pr. & vb. n. Riling.] [See Roil.]
- To render turbid or muddy; to stir up; to roil.
- To stir up in feelings; to make angry; to vex. Note: In both senses provincial in England and colloquial in the United States.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Rile'
- Ernest Riles: Ernest Riles (born October 2, 1960 in Cairo, Georgia ) is a former shortstop and third baseman in Major League Baseball . Riles played ...
- Annelise Riles: Annelise Riles is a professor of law and anthropology at Cornell Law School and Cornell University respectively. Riles specializes in ...
- Wilson Riles: Wilson Camanza Riles was born June 27, 1917 near Alexandria , Rapides Parish, Louisiana , and died April 1, 1999 at Mercy Hospital, ...
- Home Along Da Riles: Home Along Da Riles (English: The House Along the Railroad Tracks) is a sitcom aired in ABS-CBN from 1992-2003. The title started out as ...
- Born to be Riled: date August 2009 - | name Born to be Riled | image Image:BtbRcover. jpg | Born to Be Riled Book cover image_caption | author Jeremy ...
Words and phrases related to 'Rile'
Rile Sample Sentences in News
- Bison-Loving Billionaires Rile Ranchers With Land Grab
Linda Poole can’t restrain herself when it comes to the most-polarizing topic in Montana: the reintroduction of purebred bison. As Poole sees it, the bison aren’t a cause. They’re cuddly fundraising mascots helping the American Prairie Reserve to raise money to advance its mission of land accumulation under the auspices of species preservation. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'
- Wagner wants to rile England batsmen
New Zealand pace bowler Neil Wagner wants to shake up the England batting lineup with aggression and some well-timed sledging. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'
- Black Caps Neil Wagner wants to rile England batsmen
New Zealand will attempt to target insecurities in England's batting order by "getting in their face", according to seamer Neil Wagner. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'