Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Rile'
Rile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves" [syn: annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil]
- make turbid by stirring up the sediments of [syn: roil]
- Rile \Rile\ (r[imac]l), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Riled (r[imac]ld);
p. pr. & vb. n. Riling.] [See Roil.]
- To render turbid or muddy; to stir up; to roil.
- To stir up in feelings; to make angry; to vex. Note: In both senses provincial in England and colloquial in the United States.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Rile'
- Ernest Riles: Ernest Riles (born October 2, 1960 in Cairo, Georgia ) is a former shortstop and third baseman in Major League Baseball . Riles played ...
- Annelise Riles: Annelise Riles is a professor of law and anthropology at Cornell Law School and Cornell University respectively. Riles specializes in ...
- Wilson Riles: Wilson Camanza Riles was born June 27, 1917 near Alexandria , Rapides Parish, Louisiana , and died April 1, 1999 at Mercy Hospital, ...
- Home Along Da Riles: Home Along Da Riles (English: The House Along the Railroad Tracks) is a sitcom aired in ABS-CBN from 1992-2003. The title started out as ...
- Born to be Riled: date August 2009 - | name Born to be Riled | image Image:BtbRcover. jpg | Born to Be Riled Book cover image_caption | author Jeremy ...
Words and phrases related to 'Rile'
Rile Sample Sentences in News
- Style Blog: Megyn Kelly on Santa, and dealing with critics
The Fox News anchor may rile up naysayers, and she'll respond on her own terms -- if at all. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'
- Tim Tebow pep talk can't save Gators in blowout loss to Jameis Winston's Seminoles
The legendary QB tried to rile up Florida for its rivalry game, but this leaderless Gators team was no match for Winston and Co. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'
- Faculty changes rile Burlington College students
Faculty shifts and what the administration calls 'restructuring' have generated unrest among students at Burlington College. / FREE PRESS FILE Faculty shifts and what the administration calls “restructuring” have generated unrest among students at Burlington College. Read more on this news related to 'Rile'