Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ribbed'
- support resembling the rib of an animal
- any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates) [syn: costa]
- cut of meat including one or more ribs
- a teasing remark
- a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant
- a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural v
- form vertical ribs by knitting; "A ribbed sweater"
- subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday" [syn: ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, make fun, poke fun] [also: ribbing, ribbed]
- furnished or strengthened with ribs [ant: ribless]
- (of the surface of shells) having a rough, rib-like texture [syn: costate]
- Rib \Rib\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ribbed; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To furnish with ribs; to form with rising lines and channels; as, to rib cloth.
- To inclose, as with ribs, and protect; to shut in.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ribbed'
Ribbed is the third studio album by the American punk rock band NOFX. It was released on March 26, 1991 through Epitaph Records. It was their last album to feature Steve Kidwiller on guitar, who was replaced by El Hefe.
All songs by Fat Mike except "Together on the Sand" by Steve Kidwiller.[See more about Ribbed at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Ribbed'