Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Reticule'
- a woman's drawstring handbag; usually made of net or beading or brocade; used in 18th and 19th centuries
- a network of fine lines, dots, cross hairs, or wires in the focal plane of the eyepiece of an optical instrument [syn: reticle, graticule]
- Reticule \Ret"i*cule\, n.. [F. r['e]ticule, L. reticulum, dim.
of rete a net. Cf.Retina, Reticle.]
- A little bag, originally of network; a woman's workbag, or a little bag to be carried in the hand. --De Quincey.
- A system of wires or lines in the focus of a telescope or other instrument; a reticle.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Reticule'
A photomask is an opaque plate with holes or transparencies that allow light to shine through in a defined pattern. They are commonly used in photolithography.
Lithographic photomasks are typically transparent fused silica blanks covered with a pattern defined with a chrome metal absorbing film. Photomasks are used at wavelengths of 365 nm, 248 nm, and 193 nm. Photomasks have also been developed for other forms of radiation such as 157 nm, 13.5 nm (EUV), X-ray and electrons and ions, but these require entirely new materials for the substrate and the pattern film.
A set of photomasks, each defining a pattern layer in integrated circuit fabrication, is fed into a photolithography stepper or scanner and individually selected for exposure. In double patterning techniques, a photomask would correspond to a subset of the layer pattern.[See more about Reticule at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Reticule'
Reticule Sample Sentences in News
- No current Reticule news