Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Resources'
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Resources'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Resources'
A resource is any physical or virtual entity of limited availability that needs to be consumed to obtain a benefit from it. In most cases, commercial or even non-commerial factors require resource allocation through resource management. There are two types of resources; renewable and non-renewable.
The purely economic value of a resource is controlled by supply and demand. This is, however, a narrow perspective on resources as there are many things that cannot be measured in money.
Natural resources like forests, mountains etc. are considered beautiful so they have aesthetic value. Resources also have an ethical value as well, because it is widely recognized that it is our moral duty to protect and conserve them for the future generations (see sustainable development).
Resources have three main characteristics: utility, quantity (often in terms of availability), and consumption. However, this definition is not accepted by some, for example deep ecologists who believe that non-human elements are independent of human values.[See more about Resources at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Resources'
'Resources' in famous quotation sentence
* All the resources we need are in the mind. - Theodore Roosevelt
* We are living beyond our means. As a people we have developed a lifestyle that is draining the earth of its priceless and irreplaceable resources without regard for the future of our children and people all around the world. - Margaret Mead
Click here for more related quotations on 'Resources'
Resources Sample Sentences in News
- North Bay Resources Inc. (NBRI) Issues Ruby Mine Progress Report
North Bay Resources Inc. is pleased to issue the following progress report on work ongoing at the Ruby Mine in Sierra County, California. Read more on this news related to 'Resources'
- 3 Reasons Why EOG Resources Inc. Stock Could Rise
EOG Resources stock is up more than 40% over the past year. Here’s why it could continue to rise. Read more on this news related to 'Resources'
- Greenland Resources Inc. Announces Closing of $1,000,000 First Tranche Private Placement
Greenland Resources Inc. is pleased to announce that it has completed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement financing of 6,666,666 common shares at $0.15 per share for total gross proceeds ... Read more on this news related to 'Resources'