Relegate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
- assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sargeant"
- expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Relegate'?
Words and phrases related to 'Relegate'
Relegate Sample Sentences in News
- K is for King: Manchester derby A-Z
From Denis Law's backheel to relegate United, to Wayne Rooney's bicycle kick to down City, here's your A-Z. Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
ESPN Insider's group of NBA experts provides in-depth breakdowns of every team heading into the 2014-15 season. Player profiles | Team forecast This isn't an exceptionally deep team, and it could be undone if Dion Waiters can't relegate himself to a supporting role or if Kevin Love can't re-adapt to his former status as a board crasher and compleme Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
- Women's flat shoes: the wish list in pictures
Relegate your heeled court shoes to the back of your wardrobe this autumn and indulge in a pair of flat, pointed pumps. They are elegant enough to wear in the evening with a pair of skinny tuxedo trousers and practical enough to pair with jeans and a cashmere sweater during the day. Youll wonder how you ever survived without them Continue reading... Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'