Relegate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
- assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sargeant"
- expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Relegate'?
Words and phrases related to 'Relegate'
Relegate Sample Sentences in News
- Merson - Geordies Can Help Relegate Mackems!
Dick Advocaat will hope to have assured Sunderland of their Premier League status before their final two games of the season against Arsenal and Chelsea â€“ and given Sunderlandâ€™s record against their remaining opponents so far this season, heâ€™ll be confident they can do just that. Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
- Did the FCC Just Vote To Save The Internet Or Kill It?
Odds are that the new FCC rules will not turn the Internet into a utopian dream of free, public access nor will they relegate new innovation to the back-burner. But this step is noteworthy for its philosophical stance on the Internet as a utility. Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
- Will AAC Affiliation Relegate UConn To Second-Tier Status?
HARTFORD — The good news for UConn is that the Huskies are hosting their conference tournament for the first time since 1982. And in many ways, that is also the bad news. Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'