Relegate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
- assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sargeant"
- expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Relegate'?
Words and phrases related to 'Relegate'
Relegate Sample Sentences in News
- Did the FCC Just Vote To Save The Internet Or Kill It?
Odds are that the new FCC rules will not turn the Internet into a utopian dream of free, public access nor will they relegate new innovation to the back-burner. But this step is noteworthy for its philosophical stance on the Internet as a utility. Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
- Drake's stealth release flies to top of Billboard chart
Hip-hop star Drake's surprise release "If You're Reading This, It's Too Late" shot to the top of the Billboard 200 chart on Wednesday, and helped relegate reigning queen Taylor Swift's "1989" to the No. 5 spot. Taking a page from Beyonce's book, Drake released his album on iTunes last Friday with no advance warning and debut Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'
- Low Inflation: Just Enjoy
It’s temping to relegate inflation to the ash heap of history. Price increases are minuscule in the U.S. and are actually negative in Europe . But history shows that no economic trend lasts forever. That said, let’s enjoy low inflation while we have it. Yes, nothing in economics last forever. In the 1970s, amid double-digit inflation, lots of economists worrie Read more on this news related to 'Relegate'