Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Redolent'
Redolent Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- serving to bring to mind; "cannot forbear to close on this redolent literary note"- Wilder Hobson; "a campaign redolent of machine politics" [syn: evocative, redolent of(p), remindful, reminiscent, reminiscent of(p)]
- (used with `of' or `with') noticeably odorous; "the hall was redolent of floor wax"; "air redolent with the fumes of beer and whiskey" [syn: redolent(p), smelling(p)]
- having a strong distinctive fragrance; "the pine woods were more redolent"- Jean Stafford [syn: aromatic]
- Redolent \Red"o*lent\ (-lent), a. [L. redolens, -entis, p. pr.
of redolere to emit a scent, diffuse an odor; pref. red-,
re-, re- + olere to emit a smell. See Odor.]
Diffusing odor or fragrance; spreading sweet scent; scented;
odorous; smelling; -- usually followed by of. ``Honey
redolent of spring.'' --Dryden. -- Red"o*lent*ly, adv.
Gales . . . redolent of joy and youth. --Gray.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Redolent'
Words and phrases related to 'Redolent'
Redolent Sample Sentences in News
- Rich aromas and a whiff of memory
Redolent morsels, luminous moments at Jaypee Siddharth’s Paatra restaurant Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'
- Cork home Woodlawn has asking price of €3.8m
A Cork home that can justly claim to be one of the very best — if not the best — house in the southern capital, comes to market this weekend with a cool €3.8m asking price, redolent of the best of the boom-times values. Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'
- VMworld 2014, the cloud and the future of enterprise IT
Last week I visited VMworld 2014 , where a horde of steely-eyed virtualization acolytes swarmed into the din of an expo floor, creating an atmosphere redolent of a religious revival being held in a Vegas casino. Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'