Redolent Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having a strong distinctive fragrance; "the pine woods were more redolent"- Jean Stafford
- serving to bring to mind; "cannot forbear to close on this redolent literary note"- Wilder Hobson; "a campaign redolent of machine politics"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Redolent'?
Words and phrases related to 'Redolent'
Redolent Sample Sentences in News
- Trophies shine a light on town’s tennis history
THEY’RE redolent of sunny days, summer teas and the pleasing thwack of ball on racquet. Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'
- Big Hero 6 presents anime fight nights redolent with childhood wonder
A giddily energetic and thoroughly entertaining children's digital-animation movie, Big Hero 6 manages to make scientific research, hugs and universal healthcare attractive. Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'
- WHOM DO WE THANK FOR THANKSGIVING?
In a nation with fewer and fewer shared experiences, one remains resilient, rich and redolent of memory. Thanksgiving is our most beloved American holiday, and its story -- about grace and gratitude, played out on a wilderness tableau of brotherhood -- is a venerated part of our national narrative. ... Read more on this news related to 'Redolent'