Quash Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
- declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Quash'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Quash'
- Quash: Wikipedia does not have an encyclopedic article for Quash (search results). You may want to read Wiktionary's entry on "Quash" instead.wiktionary:Quash
- William Quash: William Francis Patterson Quash (27 December 1868 – 17 May 1938) was an English football player who competed in the 1900 Olympic Games for Great Britain
- Motion to quash: A motion to quash is a request to a court to render a previous decision of that court or a lower judicial body null or invalid. It can arise out of mistakes
- The Three Sui Quash the Demons' Revolt: The Three Sui Quash the Demons' Revolt (三遂平妖傳), also translated as The Sorcerer's Revolt, is a novel written in the Ming Dynasty and attributed to Luo
- Quashed: For other uses, see Wiktionary:quash . Quashed (foaled 1932) was a British-bred and British-trained racehorse, winner of the Epsom Oaks in 1935. For many
Words and phrases related to 'Quash'
Quash Sample Sentences in News
- B.C. polygamous leader Winston Blackmore asks court to quash criminal charge
A leader of a remote British Columbia religious commune is asking the province's Supreme Court to quash a polygamy charge against him. Winston Blackmore filed a petition to the court on Friday arguing the charge must be tossed out, less than a month before he was to appear in court to decide on a judge or jury trial. The petition argues the B.C. attorney gener Read more on this news related to 'Quash'
- B.C. polygamous leader seeks to quash charge
VANCOUVER - A leader of a remote British Columbia religious commune is asking the province's Supreme Court to quash a polygamy charge against him. Read more on this news related to 'Quash'
- Bountiful leader Winston Blackmore asks court to quash criminal charge
A leader of a British Columbia polygamous commune is asking the province’s Supreme Court to quash a criminal charge against him. Read more on this news related to 'Quash'