Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Protruding Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the
jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected
buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards
sticking over the end of his truck" [syn: jutting, projected,
projecting, sticking(p), sticking out(p)]
- Protrude \Pro*trude"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Protruded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Protruding.] [L. protrudere, protrusum; pro forward
+ trudere to thrust. See Threat.]
- To thrust forward; to drive or force along. --Locke.
- To thrust out, as through a narrow orifice or from confinement; to cause to come forth. When . . . Spring protrudes the bursting gems. --Thomson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Words and phrases related to 'Protruding'
Protruding Sample Sentences in News
- "McDonald's stabbing victim" not cooperating, says NYPD
Police say Andrew Hardy, who walked into a Queens McDonald's with a knife protruding from his back, has multiple arrests and isn't providing much help in finding the suspect Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Haptic screens bulge with sensory information
At this year's EuroHaptics, several research labs were presenting their attempts to make mechanically re-configurable haptic interfaces, with pistons and actuators protruding from the screens surface. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Peanut the World's Ugliest Dog shows off a suave makeover courtesy of Jimmy Kimmel Live
Peanut scored the title this weekend after wowing judges at the annual contest in California with his wild hair, bulging eyes and protruding teeth. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'