Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Protruding Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the
jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected
buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards
sticking over the end of his truck" [syn: jutting, projected,
projecting, sticking(p), sticking out(p)]
- Protrude \Pro*trude"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Protruded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Protruding.] [L. protrudere, protrusum; pro forward
+ trudere to thrust. See Threat.]
- To thrust forward; to drive or force along. --Locke.
- To thrust out, as through a narrow orifice or from confinement; to cause to come forth. When . . . Spring protrudes the bursting gems. --Thomson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Words and phrases related to 'Protruding'
Protruding Sample Sentences in News
- Snake’s last meal comes back to bite her
A young viper was found dead with a centipede’s head protruding out of the snake’s body. As reported by NBC News, Ljiljana Tomovic, a Serbian herpetologist, was tagging snakes in Macedonia when she made the eye-catching discovery. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Police find felon asleep in car with gun
DECATUR – After an alert citizen called police about a suspicious person in a parked vehicle, police found a 19-year-old male asleep, with a gun protruding from his waistband. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Protruding materials on carriers pose a threat to road users
Several accidents involving vehicles carrying loads recorded in city Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'