Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Protruding Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the
jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected
buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards
sticking over the end of his truck" [syn: jutting, projected,
projecting, sticking(p), sticking out(p)]
- Protrude \Pro*trude"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Protruded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Protruding.] [L. protrudere, protrusum; pro forward
+ trudere to thrust. See Threat.]
- To thrust forward; to drive or force along. --Locke.
- To thrust out, as through a narrow orifice or from confinement; to cause to come forth. When . . . Spring protrudes the bursting gems. --Thomson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Words and phrases related to 'Protruding'
Protruding Sample Sentences in News
- iPhone 6 Leaks Reveal Protruding Camera And Detailed Dimensions
Leaks reveal the exact dimensions of the new 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models and a bulging rear camera. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- The iPhone 6 Could Have A Protruding Camera Lens That Might Make It Easier To Attach Different Lenses
Apple Club A protruding camera lens in the latest feature rumored to be on the iPhone 6, according to a photo on Taiwanese blog Apple Club first reported by 9 to 5 Mac. The image purports to be a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 with a camera that extends 0.77mm from the phone itself. It’s unclear how a protruding lens would affect the camera’s overall functionality. We’ Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Protruding rods could cause an accident
Reader is concerned that children might hurt themselves while they play on the sidewalk. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'