Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Protruding Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the
jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected
buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards
sticking over the end of his truck" [syn: jutting, projected,
projecting, sticking(p), sticking out(p)]
- Protrude \Pro*trude"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Protruded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Protruding.] [L. protrudere, protrusum; pro forward
+ trudere to thrust. See Threat.]
- To thrust forward; to drive or force along. --Locke.
- To thrust out, as through a narrow orifice or from confinement; to cause to come forth. When . . . Spring protrudes the bursting gems. --Thomson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Words and phrases related to 'Protruding'
Protruding Sample Sentences in News
- Ministry bans vehicles from carrying protruding materials
In an attempt to prevent accidents caused by trucks carrying rods, poles, pipes, etc, the Centre has banned vehicles from carrying any material protruding beyond the body frame. The road transport ministry has deleted the provision in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules that allowed protrusions up to one metre. Soon the ministry will carry out awareness campaigns to e Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Govt bans trucks from carrying protruding rods
The government has banned vehicles from carrying rods, pipes or any protruding material beyond the body frame. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Bones of 800-Year-Old Monk Found Sticking Out of Eroded Cliff in Wales
A woman walking her dog by the seaside got a surprise when she spotted a pair of leg bones sticking out a cliff, near Bridgend in South Wales. Mandy Ewington took a picture of the sinister discovery protruding from the cliff above the beach at Monknash which was then analysed. It is estimated the owner of the bones was aged in his 20s and in good health when he Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'