Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Protruding Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the
jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected
buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards
sticking over the end of his truck" [syn: jutting, projected,
projecting, sticking(p), sticking out(p)]
- Protrude \Pro*trude"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Protruded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Protruding.] [L. protrudere, protrusum; pro forward
+ trudere to thrust. See Threat.]
- To thrust forward; to drive or force along. --Locke.
- To thrust out, as through a narrow orifice or from confinement; to cause to come forth. When . . . Spring protrudes the bursting gems. --Thomson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Protruding'
Words and phrases related to 'Protruding'
Protruding Sample Sentences in News
- Doctors find sex toy lodged in woman’s vagina for 10 years
Doctors in Scotland were surprised to find a decade-old sex toy protruding into a woman's bladder from her vagina. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Police Say No Foul Play Involved After Nails Found In Slides At Oak Lawn Playground Last Month
Oak Lawn Police say there was no foul play involved in nails found protruding from slides on a playground last month. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'
- Years of bullying leads to plastic surgery
Samantha's parents felt certain their daughter would "grow into" her ears, which were distinctly protruding. Read more on this news related to 'Protruding'