Propellant Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- something that propels
- tending to or capable of propelling; "propellant fuel for submarines"; "the faster a jet plane goes the greater its propulsive efficiency"; "universities...the seats of propulsive thought"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- something that propels
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Propellant'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Propellant'
- Propellant: A propellant is a chemical used in the production of energy or pressurized gas that is subsequently used to create movement of a fluid or ...
- Rocket propellant: Rocket propellant is a material used by a rocket as, or to produce in a chemical reaction, the reaction mass (propulsive mass) that is ...
- Liquid-propellant rocket: A liquid-propellant rocket or a liquid rocket is a rocket engine that uses propellant s in liquid form. volume of the propellant tanks to ...
- Monopropellant: Monopropellants are propellants consisting of chemicals that do not require an oxidizer to release their stored chemical energy. ...
- Propellant depot: An orbital propellant depot is a cache of propellant that is placed in orbit around Earth or another body to allow spacecraft or the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Propellant'
Propellant Sample Sentences in News
- Honeywell Gains Marginally on Low-Warming Propellant Usage
Shares of Honeywell International Inc (HON) gained marginally on Oct 3, following the news of its low global-warming propellant to be used for the treatment of rashes by pharmaceutical company Mission ... Read more on this news related to 'Propellant'
- Honeywell's Low-Global-Warming Propellant Powers New Aerosol For Rash Treatment
MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J., Oct. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (HON) announced today that its low-global-warming propellant, Solstice® Propellant, is being used in a new diaper rash aerosol treatment for infants, toddlers and adults. Solstice Propellant, which has a global warming potential (GWP) of less than 1, enables the new product line to have a lower global Read more on this news related to 'Propellant'
- Ball Aerospace Green Propellant Infusion Mission to Host Three Defense Department Space Experiments
The NASA and Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. Green Propellant Infusion Mission (GPIM) will fly three Defense Department experimental hosted payloads when it launches in 2016. GPIM's mission will validate a non-toxic fuel for future satellite missions, which could replace hydrazine and provide additional performance benefits. Read more on this news related to 'Propellant'