Prewar Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- existing or belonging to a time before a war; "prewar levels of industrial production"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Prewar'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Prewar'
- Prewar Gibson banjo: The prewar Gibson Mastertone banjo is an old banjo. Although this term normally refers to World War II, when used to describe Gibson banjos the term prewar
- Anti-Jewish legislation in prewar Nazi Germany: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - Anti-Jewish Legislation in Prewar Germany Images of a 1938 German "J" Jewish passport from www.passportland
- Prewar television stations: Daily News story-August 28, 1930". Daily News. Retrieved April 25, 2010. Prewar US Stations 1936 German Olympics W1XAY at TVHistory.tv European Television
Words and phrases related to 'Prewar'
Prewar Sample Sentences in News
- Tanauan prewar market undergoes P400-M makeover
From its humble beginnings as a talipapa (flea market), the prewar public market in Tanauan City in Batangas province will undergo a major rehabilitation as the central trading post to keep up with a bustling economic activity in the south of Luzon. A P400-million budget for the renovation and modernization of the market, considered one of the largest in the Calab Read more on this news related to 'Prewar'
- NYC will soon be home to a second Empire State building
The Big Apple will soon be home to a second — much smaller — Empire State building. A Manhattan prewar rental building has been given permission to use and engrave... Read more on this news related to 'Prewar'
- Trying To Give Everyone A Good View Has Made Theaters More Exclusive, Not Less
Prewar theaters “had a greater capacity at the lower price levels than at the higher, a contrast to today, where there are very few cheap seats and they are all at the very back or the very front. Read more on this news related to 'Prewar'