Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
Predisposition Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- susceptibility to a pathogen [syn: sensitivity]
- an inclination beforehand to interpret statements in a particular way
- a disposition in advance to react in a particular way
- Predisposition \Pre*dis`po*si"tion\, n.[Pref. pre- +
disposition: cf. F. pr['e]disposition.]
- The act of predisposing, or the state of being predisposed; previous inclination, tendency, or propensity; predilection; -- applied to the mind; as, a predisposition to anger.
- Previous fitness or adaptation to any change, impression, or purpose; susceptibility; -- applied to material things; as, the predisposition of the body to disease.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
- Predisposition: Predisposition may refer to: Genetic predisposition , a genetic effect which can identify individuals who may be predisposed to certain ...
- Genetic predisposition: A genetic predisposition is a genetic affectation which influences the phenotype of an individual organism within a species or population ...
- Calculus of predispositions: Calculus of Predispositions is a basic part of Predispositioning Theory and belongs to the indeterministic procedures. “ The key ...
- Predispositioning Theory: Unfortunately, predispositioning as a method as well as a predisposition as an intermediate stage have never been discussed by scholars, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Predisposition'