Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
Predisposition Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- susceptibility to a pathogen [syn: sensitivity]
- an inclination beforehand to interpret statements in a particular way
- a disposition in advance to react in a particular way
- Predisposition \Pre*dis`po*si"tion\, n.[Pref. pre- +
disposition: cf. F. pr['e]disposition.]
- The act of predisposing, or the state of being predisposed; previous inclination, tendency, or propensity; predilection; -- applied to the mind; as, a predisposition to anger.
- Previous fitness or adaptation to any change, impression, or purpose; susceptibility; -- applied to material things; as, the predisposition of the body to disease.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
- Predisposition: Predisposition may refer to: Genetic predisposition , a genetic effect which can identify individuals who may be predisposed to certain ...
- Genetic predisposition: A genetic predisposition is a genetic affectation which influences the phenotype of an individual organism within a species or population ...
- Calculus of predispositions: Calculus of Predispositions is a basic part of Predispositioning Theory and belongs to the indeterministic procedures. “ The key ...
- Predispositioning Theory: Unfortunately, predispositioning as a method as well as a predisposition as an intermediate stage have never been discussed by scholars, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Predisposition'
Predisposition Sample Sentences in News
- Where is genetic testing taking us?
Checks for predisposition to disease are now common, but so are fears for what might come next, says Richard Gray Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'
- Will Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Change Her Wedding Plans?
Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy announcement has inspired many to salute the A-lister for her bravery and candidness in fighting her genetic predisposition to cancer. In terms of her health, Angelina is doing great and estimates that her chances of developing … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'
- Are flat feet a bad thing?
Many people are born with the predisposition for developing a “flat foot.” We hear this term frequently. But, is this necessarily a bad thing? Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'