Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
Predisposition Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- susceptibility to a pathogen [syn: sensitivity]
- an inclination beforehand to interpret statements in a particular way
- a disposition in advance to react in a particular way
- Predisposition \Pre*dis`po*si"tion\, n.[Pref. pre- +
disposition: cf. F. pr['e]disposition.]
- The act of predisposing, or the state of being predisposed; previous inclination, tendency, or propensity; predilection; -- applied to the mind; as, a predisposition to anger.
- Previous fitness or adaptation to any change, impression, or purpose; susceptibility; -- applied to material things; as, the predisposition of the body to disease.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Predisposition'
- Predisposition: Predisposition may refer to: Genetic predisposition , a genetic effect which can identify individuals who may be predisposed to certain ...
- Genetic predisposition: A genetic predisposition is a genetic affectation which influences the phenotype of an individual organism within a species or population ...
- Calculus of predispositions: Calculus of Predispositions is a basic part of Predispositioning Theory and belongs to the indeterministic procedures. “ The key ...
- Predispositioning Theory: Unfortunately, predispositioning as a method as well as a predisposition as an intermediate stage have never been discussed by scholars, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Predisposition'
Predisposition Sample Sentences in News
- Infants with hearty appetites may be predisposed to obesity, study finds
Infants with hearty appetites may be more likely to have a genetic predisposition to obesity. Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'
- Why tackling appetite could hold the key to preventing childhood obesity
( University College London ) A heartier appetite is linked to more rapid infant growth and to genetic predisposition to obesity, according to two papers published in JAMA Pediatrics today (Monday). The studies investigated how weight gain is linked to two key aspects of appetite, namely lower satiety responsiveness (a reduced urge to eat in response to internal & Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'
- Appetite link to childhood obesity discovered
Get alerted as this may lead to obesity later. A heartier appetite is linked to more rapid infant growth and to genetic predisposition to obesity, says research. The study reveals that infants with a heartier appetite grew more rapidly up to age 15 months, potentially putting them at increased risk for obesity. "These findings are extremely powerful because w Read more on this news related to 'Predisposition'