Posthumous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occurring or coming into existence after a person''s death; "a posthumous award"; "a posthumous book"; "a posthumous daughter"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Posthumous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous: Posthumous means arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death. Posthumous or Posthumus may refer to: People Ladislaus the Posthumous, 15th-century
- Posthumous name: A posthumous name is an honorary name given to royalty, nobles, and sometimes others, in East Asia after the person's death, and is used almost exclusively
- Posthumous promotion: A Posthumous promotion is an advancement in rank or position in the case of a person who is dead. Posthumous promotions are most often associated with
- Posthumous birth: A posthumous birth is a birth of a child after the death of a parent. A person born in these circumstances is called a posthumous child or a posthumously
- Posthumous trial: A posthumous trial or post-mortem trial is a trial held after the defendant's death. Posthumous trials can be held for a variety of reasons, including
Words and phrases related to 'Posthumous'
Posthumous Sample Sentences in News
- Napolcom OKs posthumous promotion for SAF 44
(UPDATED 10:04 p.m.) The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) has approved the posthumous promotion of the 44 Special Action Force (SAF) commandos killed in the January 25 clash with Moro rebels in Mamasapano, Maguindanao. Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'
- SAF 44 get posthumous promotion
MANILA, Philippines – The 44 Philippine National Police (PNP) Special Action Force (SAF) troopers who died during a top-secret police operation in Mamasapano town , Maguindanao, will be promoted posthumously, the National Police Commission (Napolcom) announced. The 44 will get the promotions “for demonstrating acts of conspicuous courage and ... Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'
- 'Fallen 44' get special promotion
The National Police Commission (Napolcom) on Friday confirmed the special posthumous meritorious promotion of the 44 Philippine National Police (PNP) Special Action Force (SAF) commandos who were killed in Mamasapano, Maguindanao. Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'