Posthumous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occurring or coming into existence after a person''s death; "a posthumous award"; "a posthumous book"; "a posthumous daughter"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Posthumous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous: Posthumous means arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death. Posthumous or Posthumus may refer to: People Ladislaus the Posthumous, 15th-century
- Posthumous name: A posthumous name is an honorary name given to royalty, nobles, and sometimes others, in East Asia after the person's death, and is used almost exclusively
- Posthumous promotion: A Posthumous promotion is an advancement in rank or position in the case of a person who is dead. Posthumous promotions are most often associated with
- Posthumous trial: A posthumous trial or post-mortem trial is a trial held after the defendant's death. Posthumous trials can be held for a variety of reasons, including
- Posthumous birth: A posthumous birth is a birth of a child after the death of a parent. A person born in these circumstances is called a posthumous child or a posthumously
Words and phrases related to 'Posthumous'
Posthumous Sample Sentences in News
- Film review: 'Posthumous'
LOS ANGELES (Variety.com) - Relative to its fellow grand European capitals, Berlin's potential as a romantic playground has been rather under-explored on film, which is reason enough to welcome Lulu Wang's slight, sprightly art-scene comedy "Posthumous" onto screens. Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous Nelson Mandela memoir to be published in 2016
A posthumous memoir by Nelson Mandela, recounting his time as South Africa's first democratically elected president, is scheduled to be published around the world next year. Pan Macmillan said Tuesday ... Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous Brittany Maynard Video Supports Assisted Suicide
Brittany Maynard's family shows posthumous video supporting California aid-in-dying proposal Read more on this news related to 'Posthumous'