Posthumous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occurring or coming into existence after a person''s death; "a posthumous award"; "a posthumous book"; "a posthumous daughter"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Posthumous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous: Posthumous means arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death. Posthumous or Posthumus may refer to: Ladislaus the Posthumous, 15th-century monarch
- Posthumous name: A posthumous name is an honorary name given to royalty, nobles, and sometimes others, in East Asia after the person's death, and is used almost exclusively
- Posthumous promotion: A posthumous promotion is an advancement in rank or position in the case of a person who is dead. Posthumous promotions are most often associated with
- Posthumous trial: A posthumous trial or post-mortem trial is a trial held after the defendant's death. Posthumous trials can be held for a variety of reasons, including
- Posthumous birth: A posthumous birth is a birth of a child after the death of a parent. A person born in these circumstances is called a posthumous child or a posthumously
Words and phrases related to 'Posthumous'