Posthumous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occurring or coming into existence after a person''s death; "a posthumous award"; "a posthumous book"; "a posthumous daughter"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Posthumous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Posthumous'
- Posthumous: birth Posthumous book Posthumous citizenship Posthumous diagnosis Posthumous execution Posthumous fame Posthumous marriage Posthumous name Posthumous promotion
- Posthumous birth: Coffin birth. A posthumous birth is a birth of a child after the death of a parent. A person born in these circumstances is called a posthumous child or a
- Posthumous name: A posthumous name is an honorary name given to royalty, nobles, and sometimes others, in East Asia after the person's death, and is used almost exclusively
- Posthumous sperm retrieval: Posthumous sperm retrieval (PSR) is a procedure in which spermatozoa are extracted from a man after he has been pronounced legally brain dead. There has
- Posthumous execution: Posthumous execution is the ritual or ceremonial mutilation of an already dead body as a punishment. Some Christians believed that the resurrection of
- List of posthumous Academy Award winners and nominees: This is a list of posthumous Academy Award winners and nominees. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences annually presents Academy Awards in both
- List of works published posthumously: following is a list of works that were published, performed or distributed posthumously (after the actors/actresses involved in its creation died). Bertolt
- Posthumous marriage: Posthumous marriage (or necrogamy) is a marriage in which one of the participating members is deceased. It is legal in France and similar forms are practiced
- List of posthumous names: In China, posthumous names 諡 were conferred upon Emperors, Empresses, and notable officials by the imperial court up until the fall of Qing Dynasty in
- Posthumous promotion: A posthumous promotion is an advancement in rank or position in the case of a person who is dead. Posthumous promotions are most often associated with
Words and phrases related to 'Posthumous'