Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Perspicacious'
Perspicacious Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- acutely insightful and wise; "much too perspicacious to be taken in by such a spurious argument"; "observant and thoughtful, he was given to asking sagacious questions"; "a source of valuable insights and sapient advice to educators" [syn: sagacious, sapient]
- mentally acute or penetratingly discerning; "too clear-eyed not to see what problems would follow"; "chaos could be prevented only by clear-sighted leadership"; "much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument" [syn: clear-eyed, clear-sighted]
- Perspicacious \Per`spi*ca"cious\, a. [L. perspicax, -acis, fr.
perspicere to look through: cf. F. perspicace. See
- Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen. -- Per`spi*ca"cious*ly, adv. -- Per`spi*ca"cious*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Perspicacious'
Words and phrases related to 'Perspicacious'
Perspicacious Sample Sentences in News
- Morning Minutes: Feb. 7
Word of the Dayperspicuous \per-SPIK-yoo-uhs\ (noun) 1. clearly expressed or presented; lucid. 2. perspicacious. — www.dictionary.comWebsite of the DayLifehackerlifehacker.comThis daily weblog on software and personal productivity recommends downloads, websites and shortcuts that help you work smarter and save time.Number to Know10: On this date in 1976, Read more on this news related to 'Perspicacious'