Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Perspicacious'
Perspicacious Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- acutely insightful and wise; "much too perspicacious to be taken in by such a spurious argument"; "observant and thoughtful, he was given to asking sagacious questions"; "a source of valuable insights and sapient advice to educators" [syn: sagacious, sapient]
- mentally acute or penetratingly discerning; "too clear-eyed not to see what problems would follow"; "chaos could be prevented only by clear-sighted leadership"; "much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument" [syn: clear-eyed, clear-sighted]
- Perspicacious \Per`spi*ca"cious\, a. [L. perspicax, -acis, fr.
perspicere to look through: cf. F. perspicace. See
- Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen. -- Per`spi*ca"cious*ly, adv. -- Per`spi*ca"cious*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Perspicacious'
Words and phrases related to 'Perspicacious'
Perspicacious Sample Sentences in News
- Groundhog supervillain terrorizes NJ Little League then escapes from animal hospital in ‘Caddyshack’-style escapade
Groundhogs are small, furry creatures. They’ve earned a spot in American lore courtesy of Punxatawey Phil and his perspicacious tendency to send us all into six more weeks of Winter. They are also cute, generally speaking. What they typically are not considered is ferocious, or menacing. Perhaps that’s just because America isn’t acquainted with the groundhog Read more on this news related to 'Perspicacious'
- Terri Lyne Carrington: The Long Road
"Better Git It in Your Soul," a perspicacious jazz man once communicated in a song title more than half a century ago. Drummer Terri Lyne Carrington wasn't even born yet, but she sure did have it in her soul upon arrival. Read more on this news related to 'Perspicacious'