Peremptory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- putting an end to all debate or action; "a peremptory decree"
- not allowing contradiction or refusal; "spoke in peremptory tones"; "peremptory commands"
- offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power; "an autocratic person"; "autocratic behavior"; "a bossy way of ordering others around"; "a rather aggressive and dominating character"; "managed the employees in an aloof magisteri
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Peremptory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Peremptory'
- Peremptory: Peremptory can refer to any of the following concepts in law: Peremptory challenge Peremptory norm Peremptory plea
- Peremptory challenge: Peremptory challenge in law refers to a right in jury selection for the attorneys to reject a certain number of potential jurors without ...
- Peremptory norm: A peremptory norm (also called jus cogens or ius cogens. ˌ | dʒ | ʌ | s | _ | ˈ | k | oʊ | dʒ | ɛ | n | z or ˌ | j | ʌ | s Latin for " ...
- Peremptory plea: In the common law , the peremptory pleas (pleas in bar) are plea s that set out special reasons for which a trial cannot go ahead. ...
- Peremptory writ of mandamus: A peremptory writ of mandamus (also peremptory writ of mandate or simply peremptory mandamus) is an absolute and unqualified writ (a formal ...
Words and phrases related to 'Peremptory'
Peremptory Sample Sentences in News
- Jury empanelment report
Reviews three main issues: the use of peremptory challenges in criminal and civil trials and Crown stand asides, whether jurors should be identified by number in all or most cases, and the balloting off of additional jurors. Read more Read more on this news related to 'Peremptory'
- Michigan Court of Appeals rules against Benton Harbor mayoral recall
The Benton Harbor Mayoral Recall Election has been canceled once again.The Michigan State Court of Appeals granted the motion for a peremptory reversal Thursday, overturning Judge John Dewane's ruling that ordered the election to take place. Appeals Court Judge David Sawyer ordered the case sent back to Berrien Circuit Court, and for the County Clerk to remove Read more on this news related to 'Peremptory'