Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Parceling'
Parceling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning;
distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of
seats in the House of Representatives is based on the
relative population of each state" [syn: allotment, apportionment,
apportioning, allocation, parcelling, assignation]
- Parcel \Par"cel\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Parceledor Parcelled;
p. pr. & vb. n. Parceling or Parcelling.]
- To divide and distribute by parts or portions; -- often with out or into. ``Their woes are parceled, mine are general.'' --Shak. These ghostly kings would parcel out my power. --Dryden. The broad woodland parceled into farms. --Tennyson.
- To add a parcel or item to; to itemize. [R.] That mine own servant should Parcel the sum of my disgraces by Addition of his envy. --Shak.
- To make up into a parcel; as, to parcel a customer's purchases; the machine parcels yarn, wool, etc. To parcel a rope (Naut.), to wind strips of tarred canvas tightly arround it. --Totten. To parcel a seam (Naut.), to cover it with a strip of tarred canvas.
- Parceling \Par"cel*ing\, n. [Written also parcelling.]
- The act of dividing and distributing in portions or parts.
- (Naut.) Long, narrow slips of canvas daubed with tar and wound about a rope like a bandage, before it is served; used, also, in mousing on the stayes, etc.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Parceling'
Words and phrases related to 'Parceling'
Parceling Sample Sentences in News
- Netflix Strays From Binge-Watching Model With ‘Turbo FAST’; Watch the Trailer
So far, one of the ways that Netflix has differed from traditional TV is its model of distribution. Netflix typically releases a whole season at once, rather than parceling episodes out over the course of several weeks or months. But as the streaming service moves into children’s programming, they’re looking to shake up their approach. […] Read more on this news related to 'Parceling'