Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Neb'
Neb Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head; especially the nose [syn: snout]
- horny projecting mouth of a bird [syn: beak, bill, nib, pecker]
- Neb \Neb\, n. [AS. nebb head, face; akin to D. neb, Icel. nef,
beak of a bird, nose, Dan. n[ae]b beak, bill, Sw. n["a]bb,
n["a]f, and prob. also to D. sneb, snavel, bill, beak, G.
schnabel, Dan. & Sw. snabel, and E. snap. Cf. Nib, Snap,
The nose; the snout; the mouth; the beak of a bird; a nib, as
of a pen. [Also written nib.] --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Neb'
- Nebraska: the U.S. state date November 2010- Name Nebraska | Fullname State of Nebraska | Flag Flag of Nebraska. svg | Flaglink Flag | Seal Seal of ...
- NEBS: NEBS can refer to: Network Equipment-Building System New England Business Services Inc. in Groton, Massachusetts , a subsidiary of Deluxe ...
- NEB: neb may refer to: neb, meaning nose or mouth neb, meaning nosy in Pittsburgh English neb, meaning snout or beak NEB may refer to: ...
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska: The United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (in case citation s, D. Neb.) is the Federal district court whose ...
- Nebulin: png | width | HGNCid 7720 | Symbol NEB | AltSymbols NEM2 | EntrezGene 4703 | OMIM 161650 | RefSeq NM_004543 | UniProt P20929 | PDB 1NEB | ...
- River Neb: The River Neb (Awin Neb) is one of the principal rivers on the Isle of Man . It rises in the Michael hills, flows SW through Glen Helen ...
Words and phrases related to 'Neb'
Neb Sample Sentences in News
- Neb. AG wants to revoke license of abortion nurse
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A prominent Nebraska abortion clinic is facing a new legal challenge from state officials who want to revoke the license of the clinic's only nurse because of allegations of questionable care. Read more on this news related to 'Neb'
- Neb. student suspended over vandalism of yearbook
Neb. student suspended over vandalism of yearbook (AP) — A Lincoln middle school student was suspended Thursday for marring another student's yearbook photo by labeling it with an offensive three-letter acronym. [...] school officials are asking students and parents to "immediately mark out these letters" next to the Irving Middle School seventh-gr Read more on this news related to 'Neb'
- Financial literacy program aimed at Neb. schools
A new program will offer an online education in financial literacy to Nebraska high school students and parents. State Treasurer Don Stenberg on Thursday unveiled the new initiative, which will be available ... Read more on this news related to 'Neb'