Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
Mouthpiece Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person; "the mouthpiece of a respirator"
- an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- a spokesperson (as a lawyer) [syn: mouth]
- (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth [syn: gumshield]
- the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
- the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly [syn: embouchure]
- Mouthpiece \Mouth"piece`\, n.
- The part of a musical or other instrument to which the mouth is applied in using it; as, the mouthpiece of a bugle, or of a tobacco pipe.
- An appendage to an inlet or outlet opening of a pipe or vessel, to direct or facilitate the inflow or outflow of a fluid.
- One who delivers the opinion of others or of another; a spokesman; as, the mouthpiece of his party.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
- Mouthpiece: Mouthpiece may refer to: The part of an object which comes near or in contact with one's mouth during use. Mouthpiece (smoking pipe ) ...
- Mouthpiece (brass): On brass instrument s the mouthpiece is the part of the instrument which is placed upon the player's lip s. purpose of the mouthpiece is a ...
- Mouthpiece (woodwind): The mouthpiece of a woodwind instrument is that part of the instrument which is placed partly in the player's mouth. Single-reed ...
- Bit mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is the part of a horse's bit that goes into the mouth of a horse , resting on the bars of the mouth in the sensitive ...
- Mouthpiece (scuba): In breathing set s, a mouthpiece is a part that the user grips in his mouth , to make a watertight seal between the breathing set and his ...
- Mouthpiece (band): Mouthpiece was a New Jersey straight edge hardcore punk band from 1991 to 1996. Often seen as one of the last bands of the youth crew ...
- Mouthpiece (comics): Mouthpiece is a fictional comic book character from the golden age of comic books who was published by Quality Comics . He first ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mouthpiece'
Mouthpiece Sample Sentences in News
- Man accused of serving as bin Laden's mouthpiece
Osama bin Laden ordered his son-in-law to "deliver al Qaeda's murderous decree to the entire world" in the hours after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, a federal prosecutor told jurors Wednesday during the opening of a Manhattan terror trial blocks from the site of the former World Trade Center. Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'
- TV Presenter Defends On-Air Resignation
The presenter at Moscow-backed TV station Russia Today who quit her job live on air has told Sky News she was not willing to be "Putin's mouthpiece" in the US. Liz Wahl, a US anchor for Russia Today America, told viewers during her last broadcast that the channel was guilty of "whitewashing the actions" of President Vladimir Putin. The dram Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'
- Shiv Sena mocks 'businessman' Gadkari over talks with Raj Thackeray
Mumbai, Mar 5 (Agencies): Taking strong exception to Nitin Gadkari's meeting with MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Shiv Sena in its mouthpiece 'Saamna' termed the BJP leader as an apt businessman, who is expert in setting deals. Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'