Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
Mouthpiece Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person; "the mouthpiece of a respirator"
- an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- a spokesperson (as a lawyer) [syn: mouth]
- (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth [syn: gumshield]
- the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
- the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly [syn: embouchure]
- Mouthpiece \Mouth"piece`\, n.
- The part of a musical or other instrument to which the mouth is applied in using it; as, the mouthpiece of a bugle, or of a tobacco pipe.
- An appendage to an inlet or outlet opening of a pipe or vessel, to direct or facilitate the inflow or outflow of a fluid.
- One who delivers the opinion of others or of another; a spokesman; as, the mouthpiece of his party.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
- Mouthpiece: Mouthpiece may refer to: The part of an object which comes near or in contact with one's mouth during use. Mouthpiece (smoking pipe ) ...
- Mouthpiece (brass): On brass instrument s the mouthpiece is the part of the instrument which is placed upon the player's lip s. purpose of the mouthpiece is a ...
- Mouthpiece (woodwind): The mouthpiece of a woodwind instrument is that part of the instrument which is placed partly in the player's mouth. Single-reed ...
- Bit mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is the part of a horse's bit that goes into the mouth of a horse , resting on the bars of the mouth in the sensitive ...
- Mouthpiece (scuba): In breathing set s, a mouthpiece is a part that the user grips in his mouth , to make a watertight seal between the breathing set and his ...
- Mouthpiece (band): Mouthpiece was a New Jersey straight edge hardcore punk band from 1991 to 1996. Often seen as one of the last bands of the youth crew ...
- Mouthpiece (comics): Mouthpiece is a fictional comic book character from the golden age of comic books who was published by Quality Comics . He first ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mouthpiece'