Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
Mouthpiece Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person; "the mouthpiece of a respirator"
- an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- a spokesperson (as a lawyer) [syn: mouth]
- (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth [syn: gumshield]
- the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
- the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly [syn: embouchure]
- Mouthpiece \Mouth"piece`\, n.
- The part of a musical or other instrument to which the mouth is applied in using it; as, the mouthpiece of a bugle, or of a tobacco pipe.
- An appendage to an inlet or outlet opening of a pipe or vessel, to direct or facilitate the inflow or outflow of a fluid.
- One who delivers the opinion of others or of another; a spokesman; as, the mouthpiece of his party.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mouthpiece'
- Mouthpiece: Mouthpiece may refer to: The part of an object which comes near or in contact with one's mouth during use. Mouthpiece (smoking pipe ) ...
- Mouthpiece (brass): On brass instrument s the mouthpiece is the part of the instrument which is placed upon the player's lip s. purpose of the mouthpiece is a ...
- Mouthpiece (woodwind): The mouthpiece of a woodwind instrument is that part of the instrument which is placed partly in the player's mouth. Single-reed ...
- Bit mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is the part of a horse's bit that goes into the mouth of a horse , resting on the bars of the mouth in the sensitive ...
- Mouthpiece (scuba): In breathing set s, a mouthpiece is a part that the user grips in his mouth , to make a watertight seal between the breathing set and his ...
- Mouthpiece (band): Mouthpiece was a New Jersey straight edge hardcore punk band from 1991 to 1996. Often seen as one of the last bands of the youth crew ...
- Mouthpiece (comics): Mouthpiece is a fictional comic book character from the golden age of comic books who was published by Quality Comics . He first ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mouthpiece'
Mouthpiece Sample Sentences in News
- Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman: Manufacturing's Mouthpiece
Caterpillar’s ( CAT ) D 11 bulldozer, which costs about $2 million, is the size of a small studio apartment. Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'
- ZQuiet Stop Snoring Mouthpiece Now Available Online at HealthCareSupplementz.com
ZQuiet, a revolutionary anti-snoring device, is finally made available in the market. It is the only product that works instantly out of the box. (PRWeb May 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/stopsnoring/zquiet/prweb10736045.htm Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'
- Politicians can’t woo companies with tax breaks while denouncing them for 'avoidance’
It is difficult to set tax policy via the mouthpiece of a megaphone. But that, sadly, appears to be the approach as politicians from all parties line up to play beggar-thy-neighbour on the issue of foreign ... Read more on this news related to 'Mouthpiece'