Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Morass'
Morass Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Morass \Mo*rass"\, n. [OE. marras, mareis (perh. through D.
moeras), fr. F. marais, prob. from L. mare sea, in LL., any
body of water; but perh. influenced by some German word. See
Mere a lake, and cf. Marsh.]
A tract of soft, wet ground; a marsh; a fen.
Morass ore. (Min.) See Bog ore, under Bog.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Morass'
- Morass: Morass may refer to: Marsh , a wetland. Morass (set theory)-
- Morass (set theory): In axiomatic set theory , a mathematical discipline, a morass is an infinite combinatorial structure, used to create "large" structures ...
Words and phrases related to 'Morass'
Morass Sample Sentences in News
- As reports of military sexual assaults grow, Senate does nothing
The examples are becoming too ridiculous to ignore, don’t you think? On Thursday, the military’s sexual assault morass was on display on both shores of the Potomac River. Read more on this news related to 'Morass'
- Wounded South Africa clinging to throne
By Ian Ransom MELBOURNE (Reuters) - The resounding thud of South Africa's fall on home soil capped an intriguing season of test cricket that has seen the establishment rocked and an ambitious Australia return to court with a swagger. Starched whites dispensed, the game now descends into a morass of short form matches before the World T20, but the impact of Aus Read more on this news related to 'Morass'
- UNC faculty athletics council discusses APR scores
Morass. The word, meaning “a confusing situation,” was how one faculty athletics committee member described varying UNC athletic and academic success statistics. Read more on this news related to 'Morass'