Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Monstrosity'
Monstrosity Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed [syn: freak, monster, lusus naturae]
- something hideous or frightful; "they regarded the atom bomb as a monstrosity"
- Monstrosity \Mon*stros"i*ty\, n.; pl. Monstrosities. [Cf. F.
monstruosit['e]. See Monstrous.]
The state of being monstrous, or out of the common order of
nature; that which is monstrous; a monster. --South.
A monstrosity never changes the name or affects the
immutability of a species. --Adanson
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Monstrosity'
- Monstrosity: Monstrosity may refer to: Monstrosity (band), a death metal band from Florida. Monstrosity (film), a science fiction film from 1964. ...
- Monstrosity (band): Monstrosity is a death metal band originating from Fort Lauderdale , Florida during the death metal scene of the late 1980s. ...
- Monstrosity (film): Monstrosity is a 1964 film directed by Joseph V. Mascelli. It is perhaps better known under its alternate title, The Atomic Brain. ...
- Millennium (Monstrosity album): Millennium is a death metal album released in 1996 by Monstrosity and produced by Scott Burns . This is the last album to feature George ...
- Rise to Power (Monstrosity album): Rise to Power is the fourth studio album by American death metal band Monstrosity . The album was recorded at Audio Hammer studios in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Monstrosity'
Monstrosity Sample Sentences in News
- Tower 'monstrosity' likely
THE Waratah-Wynyard Council is likely to approve an NBN tower that one of its councillors calls a monstrosity. The 20-metre fixed wireless tower, proposed for what Cr Darren Fairbrother calls a landslide area above Boat Harbour, will be considered at Monday night's council meeting. Read more on this news related to 'Monstrosity'
- Arby’s Latest Meat Monstrosity Is Aptly Named the ‘Meat Mountain’
Real mountains are slightly more heart-healthy. If Arby's is diabolically plotting something bigger than depleting the country's strategic brisket stocks , here's proof in the form of a $10 "Meat Mountain," an off-menu monstrosity whose name says it all. Everybody knows Arby's makes roast beef, though many now know its barbecue brisket be Read more on this news related to 'Monstrosity'
- Pothole of The Day: It’s a Monstrosity
Today’s Pothole of the Day is on Adele and Hickerman and it’s a “monstrosity,” If you don’t believe it just ask the people who have to live with it. If you’ve got really big potholes and you want WGNO to “cover them” please send us an E-mail. #potholeoftheday Read more on this news related to 'Monstrosity'