Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mobile'
Mobile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place); "a mobile missile system"; "the tongue is...the most mobile articulator" [ant: immobile]
- (of groups of people) tending to travel and change settlements frequently; "a restless mobile society"; "the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"; "believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"; "wandering tribes" [syn: nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering]
- having transportation available
- capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another; "a highly mobile face"
- affording change (especially in social status); "Britain is not a truly fluid society"; "upwardly mobile" [syn: fluid] n
- a river in southwestern Alabama; flows into Mobile Bay [syn: Mobile River]
- a port in southwestern Alabama on Mobile Bay
- sculpture suspended in midair whose delicately balanced parts can be set in motion by air currents [ant: stabile]
- Mobile \Mo"bile\, a. [L. mobilis, for movibilis, fr. movere to
move: cf. F. mobile. See Move.]
- Capable of being moved; not fixed in place or condition; movable. ``Fixed or else mobile.'' --Skelton.
- Characterized by an extreme degree of fluidity; moving or flowing with great freedom; as, benzine and mercury are mobile liquids; -- opposed to viscous, viscoidal, or oily.
- Easily moved in feeling, purpose, or direction; excitable; changeable; fickle. --Testament of Love. The quick and mobile curiosity of her disposition. --Hawthorne.
- Changing in appearance and expression under the influence of the mind; as, mobile features.
- (Physiol.) Capable of being moved, aroused, or excited; capable of spontaneous movement.
- Mobile \Mo"bile\, n. [L. mobile vulgus. See Mobile, a., and
cf. 3d Mob.]
The mob; the populace. [Obs.] ``The unthinking mobile.''
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mobile'
- Mobile: Mobile often refers to: Mobile phone , a portable communications device-- Mobile, Alabama , a U.S. port city Mobile (sculpture), a hanging ...
- M.Mobile: M Dot Mobile or simply known as M.Mobile is an R&D and mobile communication design company based in Malaysia . M.Mobile is Malaysia's ...
- Mobile, Alabama: Mobile (moʊˈbiːl moh- BEEL) is the third most populous city in the Southern US state of Alabama and is the county seat of Mobile County ...
- Mobile phone: A mobile phone (also called mobile, cellular telephone, or cell phone) is an electronic device used to make mobile telephone calls across ...
- Windows Mobile: Superseded by Windows Phone 7 - name Windows Mobile | logo File:WindowsMobileLogo. png | Windows Mobile Logo screenshot. Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ...
- Mobile game: A mobile game is a video game played on a mobile phone , smartphone , PDA , handheld computer or portable media player . This does not ...
- Mobile network operator: A mobile network operator (MNO), also known as mobile phone operator (or simply mobile operator or mobo ), carrier service provider (CSP), ...
- Mobile County, Alabama: Mobile County sup is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama . Its name is in honor of a tribe of Indians , the Maubila tribe (see ...
- Mobile computing: Mobile computing is a form of human–computer interaction where a computer is expected to be transported during normal usage. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mobile'