Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mobile'
Mobile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place); "a mobile missile system"; "the tongue is...the most mobile articulator" [ant: immobile]
- (of groups of people) tending to travel and change settlements frequently; "a restless mobile society"; "the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"; "believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"; "wandering tribes" [syn: nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering]
- having transportation available
- capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another; "a highly mobile face"
- affording change (especially in social status); "Britain is not a truly fluid society"; "upwardly mobile" [syn: fluid] n
- a river in southwestern Alabama; flows into Mobile Bay [syn: Mobile River]
- a port in southwestern Alabama on Mobile Bay
- sculpture suspended in midair whose delicately balanced parts can be set in motion by air currents [ant: stabile]
- Mobile \Mo"bile\, a. [L. mobilis, for movibilis, fr. movere to
move: cf. F. mobile. See Move.]
- Capable of being moved; not fixed in place or condition; movable. ``Fixed or else mobile.'' --Skelton.
- Characterized by an extreme degree of fluidity; moving or flowing with great freedom; as, benzine and mercury are mobile liquids; -- opposed to viscous, viscoidal, or oily.
- Easily moved in feeling, purpose, or direction; excitable; changeable; fickle. --Testament of Love. The quick and mobile curiosity of her disposition. --Hawthorne.
- Changing in appearance and expression under the influence of the mind; as, mobile features.
- (Physiol.) Capable of being moved, aroused, or excited; capable of spontaneous movement.
- Mobile \Mo"bile\, n. [L. mobile vulgus. See Mobile, a., and
cf. 3d Mob.]
The mob; the populace. [Obs.] ``The unthinking mobile.''
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mobile'
- Mobile: Mobile often refers to: Mobile phone , a portable communications device-- Mobile, Alabama , a U.S. port city Mobile (sculpture), a hanging ...
- M.Mobile: M Dot Mobile or simply known as M.Mobile is an R&D and mobile communication design company based in Malaysia . M.Mobile is Malaysia's ...
- Mobile, Alabama: Mobile (moʊˈbiːl moh- BEEL) is the third most populous city in the Southern US state of Alabama and is the county seat of Mobile County ...
- Mobile phone: A mobile phone (also called mobile, cellular telephone, or cell phone) is an electronic device used to make mobile telephone calls across ...
- Windows Mobile: Superseded by Windows Phone 7 - name Windows Mobile | logo File:WindowsMobileLogo. png | Windows Mobile Logo screenshot. Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ...
- Mobile game: A mobile game is a video game played on a mobile phone , smartphone , PDA , handheld computer or portable media player . This does not ...
- Mobile network operator: A mobile network operator (MNO), also known as mobile phone operator (or simply mobile operator or mobo ), carrier service provider (CSP), ...
- Mobile County, Alabama: Mobile County sup is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama . Its name is in honor of a tribe of Indians , the Maubila tribe (see ...
- Mobile computing: Mobile computing is a form of human–computer interaction where a computer is expected to be transported during normal usage. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mobile'
Mobile Sample Sentences in News
- Apple, China Mobile Sign Deal to Offer iPhone
China Mobile Ltd. has signed a long-awaited deal with Apple Inc. to offer iPhones on its network, a person familiar with the situation said, an arrangement that would give the U.S. technology giant a big boost in the world's largest mobile market. Bloomberg A deal with China Mobile would give Apple access to a subscriber base that is seven times the size of Ve Read more on this news related to 'Mobile'
- China Mobile still talking to Apple on iPhones
China Mobile Ltd, the country's largest mobile operator, said it is still negotiating with Apple Inc to offer iPhones on its network, commenting on a media report saying that a long-awaited agreement had been reached. Earlier in the day, the Wall Street Journal reported that the two giants had signed a deal, citing an anonymous source familiar with the matter. Read more on this news related to 'Mobile'
- China Mobile briefly takes pre-orders for iPhones -Fortune.com
(Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd, the world's largest mobile phone carrier, has quietly begun taking pre-orders for Apple Inc's iPhones, according to a report on Fortune.com. Apple, which needs to expand its footprint in China, its biggest market after the United States, is trying to offset slowing revenue growth in developed markets that are increasingly satu Read more on this news related to 'Mobile'