Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mobbed'
Mobbed Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a disorderly crowd of people [syn: rabble, rout]
- a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities [syn: syndicate, crime syndicate, family]
- an association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves" [syn: gang, pack, ring] v : press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium" [syn: throng, pack, pile, jam] [also: mobbing, mobbed]
- Mob \Mob\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mobbed; p. pr. & vb. n.
To crowd about, as a mob, and attack or annoy; as, to mob a
house or a person.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mobbed'
Words and phrases related to 'Mobbed'
Mobbed Sample Sentences in News
- Watch Detroit Tigers' hero Alex Avila get mobbed by teammates, doused in water after walk-off hit (video)
Walk-off heroes are accustomed to being mobbed, and Avila was no exception as he was greeted by his teammates when he rounded first base after his game-winning hit Thursday. Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'
- Cops called as Gaga mobbed
Armed police were called in to rescue Lady Gaga after she was mobbed by hundreds of fans at an airport in South Korea on Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'
- Flash mobs used to bolster turnout at Queens church
A Manhattan church is about to get mobbed up next week. Michael Cadigan is stirring the faithful to fill the pews at St. John the Baptist Church on Aug. 24... Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'