Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mobbed'
Mobbed Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a disorderly crowd of people [syn: rabble, rout]
- a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities [syn: syndicate, crime syndicate, family]
- an association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves" [syn: gang, pack, ring] v : press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium" [syn: throng, pack, pile, jam] [also: mobbing, mobbed]
- Mob \Mob\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mobbed; p. pr. & vb. n.
To crowd about, as a mob, and attack or annoy; as, to mob a
house or a person.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mobbed'
Words and phrases related to 'Mobbed'
Mobbed Sample Sentences in News
- Darrington’s all ready to be ‘mobbed’
DARRINGTON — Business leaders from the other side of Snohomish County plan to bombard Darrington shops, restaurants and brewery with their first ever “Chamber Mob” on Friday afternoon. Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'
- Suarez mobbed by fans
Controversial Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez and his wife Sofia Balbi were mobbed by Barcelona fans during a walk around the Spanish city . The 27-year-old looked a little uncomfortable when he was grabbed by one female supporter as he was trying to make a quick getaway Saturday, according to the Daily Mail. The former Liverpool forward, though, did stop to sign a Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'
- Thousands welcome home Colombia
Thousands of people mobbed the streets of Bogota to grab a glimpse of their heroes as Colombia's World Cup squad arrived home Sunday after their historic run to the quarter-finals. The Colombian capital threw a massive party for coach Jose Pekerman and his squad after the Argentine led Colombia to the last eight for the first time, where they narrowly went dow Read more on this news related to 'Mobbed'