Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mirthful'
Mirthful Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh" [syn: gay, jocund, jolly, jovial, merry]
- arousing or provoking laughter; "an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls"; "an amusing fellow"; "a comic hat"; "a comical look of surprise"; "funny stories that made everybody laugh"; "a very funny writer"; "it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much"; "a mirthful experience"; "risible courtroom antics" [syn: amusing, comic, comical, funny, laughable, risible]
- Mirthful \Mirth"ful\, a.
- Full of mirth or merriment; merry; as, mirthful children.
- Indicating or inspiring mirth; as, a mirthful face. Mirthful, comic shows. --Shak. -- Mirth"ful*ly, adv. -- Mirth"ful*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mirthful'
Words and phrases related to 'Mirthful'
Mirthful Sample Sentences in News
- Change In Jet Stream Is the Likely Cause of Brutal Winter
Similar to team-assembling montages in action films, the American Association for the Advancement of Science comes together once a year to discuss developments and discoveries in the field of science, pouring each other green tea and playing mirthful pranks on the younger PhDs. Predictably, the topic of climate change was put on display this year, as 84% of AAAS m Read more on this news related to 'Mirthful'