Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Migrate'
Migrate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- move from one country or region to another and settle there; "Many Germans migrated to South America in the mid-19th century"; "This tribe transmigrated many times over the centuries" [syn: transmigrate]
- move periodically or seasonally; "birds migrate in the Winter"; "The worker migrate to where the crops need harvesting"
- Migrate \Mi"grate\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Migrated; p. pr. & vb.
n. Migrating.] [L. migratus, p. p. of migrare to migrate,
- To remove from one country or region to another, with a view to residence; to change one's place of residence; to remove; as, the Moors who migrated from Africa into Spain; to migrate to the West.
- To pass periodically from one region or climate to another for feeding or breeding; -- said of certain birds, fishes, and quadrupeds.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Migrate'
Words and phrases related to 'Migrate'