Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Migrate'
Migrate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- move from one country or region to another and settle there; "Many Germans migrated to South America in the mid-19th century"; "This tribe transmigrated many times over the centuries" [syn: transmigrate]
- move periodically or seasonally; "birds migrate in the Winter"; "The worker migrate to where the crops need harvesting"
- Migrate \Mi"grate\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Migrated; p. pr. & vb.
n. Migrating.] [L. migratus, p. p. of migrare to migrate,
- To remove from one country or region to another, with a view to residence; to change one's place of residence; to remove; as, the Moors who migrated from Africa into Spain; to migrate to the West.
- To pass periodically from one region or climate to another for feeding or breeding; -- said of certain birds, fishes, and quadrupeds.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Migrate'
Words and phrases related to 'Migrate'
Migrate Sample Sentences in News
- Suspect on missing plane is Iranian, no terrorist link
The Inspector General of Police says the suspect was trying to migrate to Germany. Read more on this news related to 'Migrate'
- Phybridge and Allnet.Italia Team Up to Eliminate Network Barriers for Migrating to IP Telephony and Unified ...
"Our partners can confidently help customers migrate to IP Telephony by offering a complete solution that is robust and reliable." (PRWeb March 11, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11654214.htm Read more on this news related to 'Migrate'
- Brandt: Classes migrate to web after winter weather
Professors are increasingly holding class online during snow days. The article Brandt: Classes migrate to web after winter weather by Joe Brandt appeared first on The Temple News . Read more on this news related to 'Migrate'