Messier Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Messier'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Messier'
- Messier: Messier may refer to: Charles Messier, French astronomer Éric Messier, former NHL defenseman George Messier, French inventor Jean-Marie Messier, former
- Messier object: The Messier objects are a set of over 100 astronomical objects first listed by French astronomer Charles Messier in 1771. Messier was a comet hunter,
- List of Messier objects: The Messier objects are a set of 110 astronomical objects catalogued by the French astronomer Charles Messier in his "Catalogue des Nébuleuses et des
- Mark Messier: first year of eligibility. Mark Messier was born in Edmonton, Alberta, the son of Mary-Jean (Dea) and Douglas Messier. He has an older brother Paul, and
- Messier 102: Messier 102 (also known as M102) is a galaxy listed in the Messier Catalogue that has not been identified unambiguously. Its original discoverer Pierre
- Messier marathon: Messier marathon is an attempt, usually organized by amateur astronomers, to find as many Messier objects as possible during one night. The Messier catalogue
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty: In May 2011, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty was formed through the merger of three Safran subsidiaries: Messier-Dowty, Messier-Bugatti and Messier Services. In
- Messier 58: values in the 1920s. Charles Messier discovered Messier 58, along with the elliptical galaxies Messier 59 and Messier 60, on April 15, 1779. M58 was
- Messier 18: Messier 18 or M18 (also designated NGC 6613) is an open cluster of stars in the constellation Sagittarius. It was discovered by Charles Messier in
- Messier 39: known as Messier Object 39, Messier 39, M39, or NGC 7092) is an open cluster in the constellation Cygnus. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1764