Messier Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Messier'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Messier'
- Messier: Messier can refer to: Surnames Charles Messier, French astronomer Éric Messier, former NHL defenseman George Messier, French inventor Jean-Marie Messier
- Messier object: The Messier objects are a set of over 100 astronomical objects first listed by French astronomer Charles Messier in 1771. Messier was a comet hunter,
- Messier 39: known as Messier Object 39, Messier 39, M39, or NGC 7092) is an open cluster in the constellation Cygnus. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1764
- Messier 52: Messier 52 (also known as M 52 or NGC 7654) is an open cluster in the Cassiopeia constellation. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1774. M52 can be
- Messier 36: Open Cluster M36 (also known as Messier Object 36, Messier 36, M36, or NGC 1960) is an open cluster in the Auriga constellation. It was discovered by Giovanni
- Messier 59: Messier 59 (also known as M59 or NGC 4621) is an elliptical galaxy in the constellation Virgo. Messier 59 and the nearby elliptical galaxy Messier 60
- List of Messier objects: The Messier objects are a set of 110 astronomical objects catalogued by the French astronomer Charles Messier in his "Catalogue des Nébuleuses et des
- Messier 21: 21 amateur astrophotography - Deep Sky Objects Browser Messier 21, SEDS Messier pages Messier 21 on WikiSky: DSS2, SDSS, GALEX, IRAS, Hydrogen α, X-Ray
- Messier 18: Messier 18 or M18 (also designated NGC 6613) is an open cluster of stars in the constellation Sagittarius. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1764
- Messier 73: Results for Messier 73. Retrieved 2006-12-21. "SEDS Messier pages". Messier 73. Retrieved 2010-02-28. K. G. Jones (1991). Messier's Nebulae and