Messier Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Messier'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Messier'
- Messier: Messier can refer to: Surnames Charles Messier, French astronomer Éric Messier, former NHL defenseman George Messier, French inventor Jean-Marie Messier
- Messier object: The Messier objects are a set of over 100 astronomical objects first listed by French astronomer Charles Messier in 1771. Messier was a comet hunter,
- List of Messier objects: The Messier objects are a set of astronomical objects catalogued by the French astronomer Charles Messier in his "Catalogue des Nébuleuses et des Amas
- Messier 52: Messier 52 (also known as M 52 or NGC 7654) is an open cluster in the Cassiopeia constellation. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1774. M52 can be
- Messier 36: Open Cluster M36 (also known as Messier Object 36, Messier 36, M36, or NGC 1960) is an open cluster in the Auriga constellation. It was discovered by Giovanni
- Messier 53: Database". Results for NGC 5024. Retrieved 16 November 2006. Messier 53, SEDS Messier pages Boyles, J. et al. (November 2011), "Young Radio Pulsars
- Messier 39: known as Messier Object 39, Messier 39, M39, or NGC 7092) is an open cluster in the constellation Cygnus. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1764
- Messier 59: Messier 59 (also known as M59 or NGC 4621) is an elliptical galaxy in the constellation Virgo. Messier 59 and the nearby elliptical galaxy Messier 60
- Messier 21: smallest binoculars it can be easily spotted on a dark night. Messier 21, SEDS Messier pages Messier 21 on WikiSky: DSS2, SDSS, GALEX, IRAS, Hydrogen α, X-Ray