Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Marshalled'
Marshalled Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law [syn: marshall]
- (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank [syn: marshall] v
- place in proper rank; "marshal the troops"
- arrange in logical order; "marshal facts or arguments"
- make ready for action or use; "marshal resources" [syn: mobilize, mobilise, summon]
- lead ceremoniously, as in a procession [also: marshalling, marshalled]
- Marshal \Mar"shal\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Marshaledor
Marshalled; p. pr. & vb. n. Marshaling or Marshalling.]
- To dispose in order; to arrange in a suitable manner; as, to marshal troops or an army. And marshaling the heroes of his name As, in their order, next to light they came. --Dryden.
- To direct, guide, or lead. Thou marshalest me the way that I was going. --Shak.
- (Her.) To dispose in due order, as the different quarterings on an escutcheon, or the different crests when several belong to an achievement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Marshalled'
Words and phrases related to 'Marshalled'
Marshalled Sample Sentences in News
- Rugby: Troops marshalled for road trip
The reinforcements are ready for the Chiefs and, before an arduous schedule over the next two months, their arrival is not a moment too soon.Coming off their early bye, the defending champions now kick off a stretch of nine consecutive... Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'
- PDP MLA marshalled out from J&K Assembly
A PDP MLA was on Tuesday marshalled out from Jammu and Kashmir Assembly over the disruption of proceedings by holding protests against the government’s alleged failure to airlift the stranded peop... Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'
- Uproar rocks Kashmir Assembly, legislator marshalled out
Jammu, Feb.18 (ANI): The Kashmir assembly witnessed uproar on Tuesday after legislators of Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) protest, demanding choppers to rescue people stuck due to avalanche. The protesting legislator, Abdul Haq Khan, was marshalled out from the assembly after he tried to enter the well of the house voicing his concern for the people stuck in Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'