Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Marshalled'
Marshalled Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law [syn: marshall]
- (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank [syn: marshall] v
- place in proper rank; "marshal the troops"
- arrange in logical order; "marshal facts or arguments"
- make ready for action or use; "marshal resources" [syn: mobilize, mobilise, summon]
- lead ceremoniously, as in a procession [also: marshalling, marshalled]
- Marshal \Mar"shal\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Marshaledor
Marshalled; p. pr. & vb. n. Marshaling or Marshalling.]
- To dispose in order; to arrange in a suitable manner; as, to marshal troops or an army. And marshaling the heroes of his name As, in their order, next to light they came. --Dryden.
- To direct, guide, or lead. Thou marshalest me the way that I was going. --Shak.
- (Her.) To dispose in due order, as the different quarterings on an escutcheon, or the different crests when several belong to an achievement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Marshalled'
Words and phrases related to 'Marshalled'
Marshalled Sample Sentences in News
- Reuters: Azarov calls for end to tension, but police brace for action
Dec. 4, 2013, 12:46 p.m. | Ukraine — by Reuters Mykola Azarov warned protesters on Wednesday they would be punished if they broke the law after he marshalled his ministers for a cabinet meeting despite an attempted blockade by demonstrators. Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'
- Bradford butchers are judged Top of the Porks!
Marshalled ranks of meat pies, sausages and black puddings made an impressive sight during the hunt for the county’s finest pork products which took place at Cedar Court Hotel in Bradford. Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'
- Ukraine PM calls for end to tension, but police brace for action
KIEV - Ukraine's embattled prime minister Mykola Azarov warned protesters on Wednesday they would be punished if they broke the law after he marshalled his ministers for a cabinet meeting despite an attempted blockade by demonstrators. With a crisis over the government's rejection of closer ties with the European Union piling pressure on the creaking econo Read more on this news related to 'Marshalled'